It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada largest american oil supplier

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Sadly, edsinger has a good point here.

I don't think the EU is close enough to share their army with us.

And the French, English and First Nations here can't even get along most of the time, let alone with what, 27 other countries.

But, never say never. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and it probably wouldn't be the last.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Ed, your joke falls flat.

Americans do not own earth. Bad things can happen to us, too. And if you look hard at the indicators (worth studying) you'll see, we're in for a bumpy ride.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"Come get our oil?"...guess you w'r refering to this as coming as a guest ?

If USA thinks they can just come walk into Canada and take our oil......you got another thing coming
)

Last I checked we (Canada) kicked USA's butt....we chased you down past Washington....but we stoped chasing to drink :O)

And if you "do" walk in and "try" to take our oil.......that would be the final draw..........

1. No more "Beer" (the good stuff) for you guy'z

2. No more Stanley Cups for you
)
3. And we take back "Pamela"

Just adding some fun........that's all
Canada will Love you forever and ever, and "ALWAYS" be by y'r side...threw' thick and thin
) (even if we don't always agree).

Y'r Canadian friend (forever),
Sven

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeah I was thinking that maybe the Mississippi and Louisiana national guard should be able to handle it....

In all seriousness, we are so connected that this could never happen, hell you are already the 51st state, and we dont need another civil war...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
We're the 51st state? And here I always thought the US was the 11th province.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm kinda glad Canada isn't shipping oil to the EU. I'm not sure how I'd feel with giant oil tankers playing chicken with icebergs in the north atlantic.

Seriously, I don't care how "fun" it is for Canadians and Americans to make fun of each other, the economics of these deals work in both countries' favors. It might be pop-culture friendly to make jokes but in all reality both nations are quite dependent on each other. Oil is just one part.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Was just trying to bring some laughs to the table....seem's we forget to laugh as much as we should
(unless y'r in the Alian threads) That kin'da show'z how special we are to eachother "forever" no matter what happens in the future (even when you have a Cup)
We can laugh at one another show's fonfidence in our bond.

But again the bond between Can/US (and of course) Mexico is so strong and in many ways acts as a Role Model for others
I feel proud (and warm inside) to know w'r are the USA's Top supplier of Oil (and the future Water)

Y'r Canadian friend "forever",
Sven

PS: We'z gona' get back that Cup back this year....Poss. the Leafs will get it lol (now that's funny)
the Leafs lol

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

I have my suspicions about that. Perhap's largest North American supplier but somehow I doubt that as well.

Dallas

I posted this article in February www.atsnn.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
when the axe falls, and the EU is in a better position, they're gonna come callin.

As our Canadian friend already put "our economies are entwined". I don't think many really undestand this. Just start with the auto industry. In Detroit alone Canadian engineers are a huge part of manufacturing and production in the big three.

"Hargrove said the Big Three also are saving hundreds of millions of dollars each year on health care because of Canada's national health care system. According to data from the CAW, health care costs GM $1,500 per vehicle in the United States compared to $120 per vehicle in Canada."

The motor companies spend billions in health care compared to a couple hundred million in Canada.

Don't look at employment for the CAW, but look at employment of the hundreds of 2nd and 3rd tier manufacturing plants in Canada. Don't get me wrong, GM, Ford, and Daimler can move plants elsewhere. They could close every plant and star over, in say China, but why? The benefits are for both economies. We are very dependent on one another.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Did I just see that????

An American pointing out how the Canadian national healthcare system can be of benefit to a large corporation?!?!

vincere7, do you have any idea how much I wish I had thought of using this argument in previous threads?

<< 1   >>

join