It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any hard evidence that the Philadelphia Experiment Ever Occured?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Degaussing was routinely done to warships as part of scheduled maintenance.

Mines and torpedoes of the era used the magnetic field of the hull to target and detonate. Periodic degaussing reduced the mag field signature.

Current shipbuilding techniques use different steel alloys that minimize the affect or have some degaussing equipment built in. Also, modern weaponry uses other methods than magnetic field detection.

According to the descriptions of the wiring and generators used in the alleged 'Philadelphia Experiment' a standard periodic degaussing is what occured. Occasionally on the History Channel there is a show that talks about degaussing and the film clips are exactly like the description of the 'Experiment'.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Magnetics could play a very large role in invisibility. Light is made up of electromagnetic waves, and magnetic/gravitational fields can shape and bend light. light passing near a star or black hole is bent a little. I figure if you could createa strong enough magnetic field, you could create an object simular to a black hole. Instead of a gravitational pull, it just attracts electromagnetic waves.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy
Magnetics could play a very large role in invisibility. Light is made up of electromagnetic waves, and magnetic/gravitational fields can shape and bend light. light passing near a star or black hole is bent a little. I figure if you could createa strong enough magnetic field, you could create an object simular to a black hole. Instead of a gravitational pull, it just attracts electromagnetic waves.

No. M=Eue, u being the magnetic component. Same with e, the electric component. Only mass can bend spacetime.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The experiement wasn't about that originally at all, supposedly it was just to generate a smoke screen and radar invisibility by charging the hull of the ship. However something very different happened (supposedly) and only one eye witness supposedly is known about he was found out by scribbling in the margins of some book about it what 'really happened' and mailed it in.

If it was just standard maintenence, here's something else to think about... why were all the Navy's top brass there to watch?

[edit on 2.6.05 by tigerjr]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Although i'm no technical scientist, i've read enormous amount's about the Philadelphia project for year's. But there's alway's something that's niggled me over this experimnet making people believe that ship's can disapear into thin air, when the whole truth about the project is manipulation of the visual spectral magnetic atmosphere, using frequencies to change the colour spectrum in our eye's. The truth of the experiment is to decieve the visual sense's on a mass human scale via the earth's Lay Line, and Uni net, and satalite system's. The trial's on the US Navy in the 50's, proved that the visaul spectrum polarity's in our brain's could be changed by manipulating the magnetic frequencis of light through our eye's, so all the marrine subject's would come to the same visual conclusion after the experiment.
I remember they used this system on a small town in California, and ended up with violent riot's, and killing's on mass, and the US Army was called in to controle the situation. Not a lot of info from the US Government was released, but the News report's of the situation surgested the Philidelphia project was used on the town, situated nearby the test laboratry area.
In my opinion, this experiment is still being implimented into the satlite system around the globe, and if subliminal imaging, coupled with altered spectral magnetic's is used on the planet in perticular countries, the US can mentally controle the world!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Com'on guys, you are all really reading too much into this. Your inherent distrust of the US gov. creates the conspiracy, which furthers their agenda of secrecy, and thus ignorance is perpetuated.

If answers is what you want, go knock on corporate America's doors. They have all the proprietary info, patent rights, research grants and facilities, and do all the contracting for the gov. They have the history, people, and access to knowledge.

Be an intern.

Then come back and tell me what you have discovered

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So it's a conspiracy....
more like Roswell or the moon?
more like the moon or 9-11?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigerjr
So it's a conspiracy....
more like Roswell or the moon?
more like the moon or 9-11?

Moon for sure, wouldn't you agree?

In the past when congress had dollars scenarios like these were more likely. Nowadays companies hold the cards. There is one right now watching this thread as an example. Say "hello" to corporate big bro' !

Sure we went, but that doesn't mean we went all the time! Hell, I've heard from an unverifable source that we suspended the moon program because of a treaty with, well, you know, "them", the "aliens" (who I speculate have actually been around much longer than us).

The upshot is the Philadelphia Experiment was a hoax and actually never took place. But it has been a handy smokescreen for the "real" one, one that actually did take place but for the love of the devil on a different ship! So I have gone too far. Now you will have to fly here to check my sources and find out for yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Doubtless..... can you post more specifics about the experiment on the town? When, where?

Thank you

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hmmm... I hadn't thought about that, however it is a good point that maybe the government used the "failure" to mask a success but word leaked out about the failure but still no one knows that they actually have the capeabilities to do that kind of stuff... it is pretty much the perfect coverup....

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

Do you understand what a boom it would be to the Navy if they could degauss a ship? The NAZIS used magnets in their torpedoes to assist in their guidance. If you can degauss a ship, you can essentially force the torpedoe AWAY from your ship, very much like a magnet runs from a polar opposite magnet. Also, undersea mines are rendered useless! Is it any wonder the Navy would want this, especially in 1943? Why read beyond that??

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Toelint]

Toliant, you are wrong here.
The magnetic torpedoes used by both the Germans and the Allies in WWII were not bearing any magnets in them at all. The fuze mechanism was based upon a magnetic field detector, which ignited the warhead when the torpedo was just below the keel of a ship.

There is and was no way of "force the torpedoe AWAY from your ship". You should look into the functional principle of how a magnetic torpedo and degaussing as a counter measure works befor posting such nonsense.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54

Mines and torpedoes of the era used the magnetic field of the hull to target and detonate. Periodic degaussing reduced the mag field signature.

Partially correct, but the magnetic field of a ship's hull was never used for targeting purposes, that still had to be done manually by triangulation and calculating the speed, range and vector of the ship before firing the torpedo. There was a German torpedo available in 1944/1945, which was targeting automatically using the noise source of a ships's propeller to target (acoustic torpedo) but never the magnetic field was used for targeting.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
The navy can and does build degaussing coils in ships. One nasty job, pulling degaussing coil wire.

This story originated in the mind of Charles Berlitz. A descendant of the Berlitz Language Course Berlitzes. The Charles Berlitz who invented the Bermuda Triangle and Spontaneous Human Combustion myths. A pathological liar, devoid of journalism technique.

Researcher, you are wrong.

1. The oldest source giving almost all known details about the PC was one Carlos Allened, or Carl Allen, who sent the famous Allende Letters to astronomer and author Morris K. Jessup in 1955. All that is commonly 'known' about the PX stems from these letters, the majority of details of how and when the PX allegedly took place. Berlitz and Moore only reflected on those descriptions and Moore did an investigation, resulting in the book "The Philadelphia Experiment: Project invisibility" from 1978. So this whole PX-story was not a brainchild of Charles Berlitz, that simply is not true.

2. Pulling degaussing coils sure WAS a hard job, way back in WW II. Nowadays, most military vessels have a degaussing system built into the hull structure, so there is no need to 'pull coils and cables' any longer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join