It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Base?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This seemed like the best forum for this, so here goes.

I'm British. Can some of the US ATS users here explain what it means in all these US films and Tv shows when references are made to 'First Base' or 'Second Base' when a guy or girl sees a nice member of the opposite sex?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
uhh imo
first base is like some kissing
2nd bases is like maybe feeling up for dry humping

if i am wrong someone please clearify

[edit on 20-7-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is something similar to cricket except taken into love terms.

Home plate is where you start by swinging at the dating ball. If you're fortunate enough to make a connection while dating your potential Significant Other, you begin your journey around the bases with the S.O.

Eventually, you make it back to Home Plate where you supposedly score and everything works out with your S.O. Home runs are sometimes acceptable, but normally that would be considered too aggressive and risky for a meaningful relationship.

1st base, 2nd base and 3rd base can be any affectionate milestones on that journey to completion of rounding the bases to home plate.

Usually, 1st base is making it to the kissing and close to the heavy necking stage.

2nd is usually agreed upon heavy necking and breast feeling or something along those lines.

3rd is usually considered exploring each other in heavy necking up to love making. No intercourse at this stage. If intercourse were achieved anywhere along these milestones that would be considered a home run, that is, if you scored the first night or close to the first few dates. After third base has been firmly established then it is okay to consider home plate for the score but it is not a home run.

Home Plate is intercourse. The big score. I hope baseball as an analogy is not too confusing.

Personally, I think it is an overated way to measure a relationship. Baseball is a great game but when in terms of a date measurement or barometer, it cheapens the intimate feelings of the relationship. I have never thought to measure in those terms. But, I think I know what the writers are trying to say in the movies.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First=Kiss
Second=Down the shirt
Third=Down the pants
Home=Sex

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ive wondered this ever since watching American Pie!

Mic

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, thanks for clearing that up for me, and Mickey. That one had been baffling me for a while now.

Minimi

top topics

join