It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London bombers 'knew they were on a suicide mission'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The lack of finding any evidence to the use of timers to trigger the bombs and the fact that 3 out of 4 of them went off within 50 seconds of each other, has led to the conclusion that the men were in fact suicide bombers.
Leads pointing to a fifth man overseeing the operation have come to a dead end and it is suspected that Mohammed Sidique Khan, who was seen as a father figure to younger men in his home town of Leeds, is suspected as having been more than just another foot-soldier.

news.scotsman.com
THE four bombers who attacked trains and a bus in London almost certainly triggered their explosives by hand, knowing their deaths were certain, investigators have concluded.

Reinforcing the picture of the four men as committed terrorists fully aware of their actions, the huge police and intelligence inquiry has also cast doubt on earlier reports that they were supported by a fifth man during the attacks or by an international mastermind who flew out of Britain hours before the blasts.

Officers who reviewed CCTV footage of the four bombers as they travelled to London from Luton had noticed another man of Asian appearance nearby the group, leading to speculation that a fifth terrorist had been present.

But The Scotsman understands that man has been identified, investigated, and found to have had no association with the four bombers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The lack of evidence supporting the use of timers leads us to the conclusion that the bombs were set off manually.
It is still a mystery why the forth one did not go off until later.
One theory, in my opinion, is that maybe the triggering circuit failed, and it may have exploded while he was trying to fix it.

When you look at the ages of the men:
18, 19, 22 and 30 - it seems odd that there is a sudden jump from late teens/early twenties to someone who is thirty. This is supportive of the theory along with the social standing of Mohammed Sidique Khan that he may have been in charge of this operation.

removed (submission) from title

[edit on 7-24-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That is a distinct possibility but then why would they have purchased return tickets?
That is one of the many questions on the identification that these were indeed the bombers or that they were set up. The lack of timers being found does not preclude that the bombs may have been set to go off from a remote control. Never know since the key players are no longer with this world.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
why did they buy return tickets? I'm guessing here but these people are trained to appear as normal as possible. They lead normal lives up until the point they are "activated" as it were. So, perhaps out of habit or just simply to avoid any red flags, they bought round trippers.

Why would someone be willing to blow themselves up over a belief in a book? Answer that and you can find the answer to many other behavioral oddities that fanatics seem to exhibit.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Depends what you mean by a return ticket. If you go into London, you can buy a travelcard which enables unlimited travel on that day throughout all zones and back to your point of origin. Not neccesarily a return ticket, just enables you to roam about.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
They had to know that they were suicide bombers, because the devices were activated manually!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

They had to know that they were suicide bombers, because the devices were activated manually!

How do you know they were activated manually though? Just because no timers have been found? How do you know they were not detonated by Radio signal, or some other method of remote detonation technique? You don't.

There is an ATSNN submission here with a quoted statement from Scotland Yard completely contradicting the speculation in this submission.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Have a look at this article:
www.cambridge-news.co.uk...

It's the story of one of the surviving victims, who has this to say:

He and Crystal were helped out of the carriage. As they made their way out, a policeman pointed out where the bomb had been.
"The policeman said 'mind that hole, that's where the bomb was'. The metal was pushed upwards as if the bomb was underneath the train. They seem to think the bomb was left in a bag, but I don't remember anybody being where the bomb was, or any bag," he said.

This doesn't seem like the kind of damage a suicide killer would cause.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Incredibly interesting, thanks.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I got to laugh at this title.

Of course they knew they were on a suicide mission. Why else would they go with bombs packed into their back packs?

What suicide bomber sets off with explosives thinking to them selves ' i dont want to die today, i hope it fails to go off'

sorry, but it was the title and not the thread poster that made me laugh.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by Bikereddie]

xu

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The metal was pushed upwards as if the bomb was underneath the train.

now that is really an interesting bit of information from an actual eye witness.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

I got to laugh at this title.

Of course they knew they were on a suicide mission. Why else would they go with bombs packed into their back packs?

What suicide bomber sets off with explosives thinking to them selves ' i dont want to die today, i hope it fails to go off'

sorry, but it was the title and not the thread poster that made me laugh.

Actually, your post is just as humorous. Scotland Yard are saying there is no evidence to suggest the initial attacks were carried out by suicide bombers at all. They even went as far as to say the bombers might have been tricked, I wrote a thread about it here.

Assumption is the Mother of all Fuc..... You get where im going.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This eyewitness account which says that the floor of the carriage had been blown upwards should be big news because if it is correct it destroys the official story, and shows that at least one and probably all of the 'bombers' are innocent.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Are we forgetting the little known fact. At least one of the bombers is alive and well.

Mistaken identity

Take this into account that at least one of the bombs were placed underneath the train. From an Eye-witness.

Most interesting indeed.

~Peace
~

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Depends what you mean by a return ticket. If you go into London, you can buy a travelcard which enables unlimited travel on that day throughout all zones and back to your point of origin. Not neccesarily a return ticket, just enables you to roam about.

From Luton you get a return ticket to/from London.

You could then get another ticket to cover all day travel on the underground and busses in certain zones within London.

new topics

top topics

join