It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spell Check Reminder for ATS Posts (Use Google Toolbar)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm sure this has come up repeatedly, as the complaint to add a spell check to ATS does, but I'm sooooooo happy with my newly configured Google toolbar I thought I'd share.

The handy dandy Google spell check is vastly superior (as far as click and go is concerned) to anything ATS could possibly add on, and it'll search your open post form just like a document and recommend changes, with links to definitions, etc.

Plus your cursor will make that cool moon rover bubble sound when it blocks pop ups, like your mining for fuel ore in that old Sega Genesis game where you fly around trying to solve the mystery of the dying universe (pssst, the fuel is alive).

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Not to reduce your suggestion, but also I personally would encourage everyone to at least just proof-read your posts to see if they have any mistakes.

Spell checkers will help you, but they won't encourage you to become better at your writing skills. I would rather see an unspell-checked post that is honest than reading a post of someone who spell checks and really has no desire to show they want to write functionally.

Fundamentally, someone who posts like this;

"hey dude get youre fax steight.",

is way more honest than someone who spell checks to show they know how to write when they don't.

Of course, there may be some mistakes in my punctuation in this post, but at least I rely on learned skills rather than a computerized proof-reader.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I just write my longer posts out in MS Word and use the spell check there. I use it for my longer posts only though. It is great for formatting, just look at this post I did. That post was the atomic bomb of thread killing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(yet there still are some errors, my brain goes into auto-pilot when I type.)

[edit on 9/4/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It is a handy feature.

new topics

top topics

join