It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticable evolution...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
A few years ago I decided to go back to college. I went to a local community college to get rid of some liberal arts credits before I go to the REALLY expensive school. I decided to take an anthropology course. It was taught by an older lady, maybe in her late 60's early 70's. I was quite supprised that she was not pushing 60 year old theories, the was quite up to date.

Anyway, as we were talking about evolution, she asked..."If anyone in this class has never had wisdom teeth, raise your hand". Not that they had been pulled or partially came in or still buried in the jaw bone... we are talking total nonexhistance of them. Being that I was 28 at the time, I had just recently had my teeth x-rayed and was told that I was lucky that I never had to go throught the agony of having wisdom teeth and having them pulled. So I raised my hand in class, along with about 3-4 other people in about a 40 person class. She explained to us, that the students with the hands raised are the next step in evolution. In us our jaws have finally gotten small enough that there was no longer room for the wisdom teeth to grow in. Actually that is the reason why people have them pulled in the first place, the jaw as gotten smaller and smaller and can no longer correctly support the wisdom teeth. Why is this so?? She continued to explain that the wisdom teeth are basically left over from they days that our ancestors where solid vegitarians, and needed the extra molars to grind down grass and other extremely fiberous material.

This is to my dark skinned frineds, please do not take the following the wrong way, this is just an observation

I have aslo noticed that the skin of black Americans (I will not say African Americans because not all blacks are from Africa and the ones that are born here are not African but American... hey, I'm not refered to as an Irish/German Amrican) has gotten lighter, especially in the females. I have a few black friends, a husband and wife couple straight off the boat from Africa, a gentleman I work with from Jamaica and his kids, and several, multi-generational black Americans. I can tell you where the term "black" came from. My friends from Jamaica and Africa are as black as night!... NO #!!! Where as my American born friends are pale in comparison (no pun intended). A few years ago, I was watching something about how the cromags came north to europe, and from what I understand, it will take about 20,000 years for the lineage of a black family to become white/caucasion (unless you go the way of Michael Jackson
) when exposed to less sun and cooler climate. On top of that, out of my American born friends, all the girls are a little lighter than the boys, and thier families come from a straight american born black lineage going back about 200-250 years. Even in 1/10th the time needed, the change is apparent.

Any thought... I would love to hear them.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by menjo
I have aslo noticed that the skin of black Americans (I will not say African Americans because not all blacks are from Africa and the ones that are born here are not African but American... hey, I'm not refered to as an Irish/German Amrican) has gotten lighter, especially in the females.

Having white ancestors as a result of slavery goes along way to explain this. Though the bushmen of the Kalihari have rather light skin. It was found through the use of DNA collection that many bushmen have genes similar to those of Ethiopian Jews. IF you looked at a skull of a Hun or certain native americans, you might notice that the Huns have exceptionally larger heads, oblong, and native americans have heads that are flat in the back. This is not evolution but the tribal customs of the HUns who would purposely deform the head at child birth, as with native Americans the way mothers carried the children around on their backs using a flat board accounts for the flat heads.

Though I must say, not to sound racist as well, that aborigones of Australia seem to have some of the biggest noses in the world and rather odd facial characteristics distinct only to them, like that of a gorrila.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Originally posted by menjo

Though I must say, not to sound racist as well, that aborigones of Australia seem to have some of the biggest noses in the world and rather odd facial characteristics distinct only to them, like that of a gorrila.

LOL. That's an adaption to their environment. It just so happens that "gorilla like" features also help dissipate heat very quickly.

They adapted black skin for their UV heavy environment. Due to the large amount of heat in Australia, they also adapted very thick lips and wide noses because those features help dissipate heat better by being able to better flow sweat or something, I don't know how, no matter how unatractive those traits are by western standards.
Africans are also in a hot climate and share similar traits.

There are no pure aborigines any more. All have been wiped out or interbread. This in itself can be seen as a form of survival of the fittest since the aborigones really weren't the smartest.. they had the lowest average IQ of any racial group in the world. That's not to say that an aborigine can' be smart; it's just that if you randomly selected an aborigine and then randomly selected another human being, the other human being would MOST LIKELY, not definately, be more intelligent. You can find the same correlation among people with blonde hair (yes, their IQs are about 2 points lower than redheads/ brunettes :LOL: ), people with certain eye shapes, etc. All in all, I don't put much importance on it. Yes, I am racist because I know some races are better than others on average, but I don't treat individuals that way. I treat every individual the same and don't prejudge the individual since the individual can fall on any side of the average. Race is still a poor predicter or an individual or randomly selected group's intelligence or traits aside from skin color or eye shape.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Our feet have also gotten bigger over the last millenium. And our pinky toe has gotten smaller And most of us have gotten taller than a few centuries ago. In the 1800s the average man was 5'6 in modern times the average man is 5'9

top topics

join