It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Friends of the Bridegroom:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 07:53 AM
link   
When I started visiting ATS.com in early 2000, I became amazed of all the knowledge I might attain on this website. I still think this is the best conspiracy website out there. But one thing still hangs on me, as it did in the early days of visiting this site.

I also have been more interested in ever finding the truth out there and also have been inclined to read the Bible evermore so, than I used to. One day I came across the passage in Deut. (12, I think) that lists all the things detestable to God about witchcraft, soothsaying, etc. and I came upon the word heresy. Since that day, I have always wondered if I have crossed the line. Partaking in heresy, which is gossip for those who don't know, every time I got into this site. Don't get me wrong Simon, I think this is a good site that possibly sheds light on otherwise dark areas and would still be dark without you. But like I said above, I always wondered about the heresy part and was this what I needed. Sometimes I would talk to friends and coworkers about the illuminati, secret societies, for the reasons of enlightening them of the current situation that is bestowed upon us today. I'd get so much frustration that there are so many people out there getting led astray... but then I realized something today, with the help of a friend who gave me a passage to look up. From a Friend to a Friend,

I'll try to make it easier on the mind, not such shakespeareanlike,
Amplified version
2 Tim. 2-3:
2:19-But the firm foundation of (laid by) God stands, sure and unshaken, bearing this seal (inscription): The Lord knows those who are His, and , Let everyone who names [himself by] the name of the Lord give up all iniquity and stand aloof from it.
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also [utensils] of wood and earthenware, and some for honorable and noble [use] and some for menial and ignoble [use].
So whoever cleanses himself [from what is ignoble and unclean, who seperates himself from contact with contamination and corrupting influences] will [ then himself] be a vessel set apart and useful form honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work.
Shun youthful lusts and flee from them, and aim at and pursue righteousness (all that is virtuous and good, right living, conformity to the will of God in thought, word, and deed); [and aim at and pursue] faith, love [and] peace (harmony and concord with others) in fellowship with all [Christians], who call upon the Lord out of a pure heart.
But refuse (shut your mind against, have nothing to do with) trifling ( ill-informed, enedifying, stupid) controversies over ignorant questionings, for you know that they foster strife and breed quarrels.
And the servant of the Lord must not be quarrelsome (fighting and contending). Instead, he must be kindly to everyone and mild-tempered [preserving the bond of peace]; he must be a skilled and suitable teacher, patient and forbearing and willing to suffer wrong.
He must correct his opponents with courtesy and gentleness, in the hope that God may grant that they will repent and come to know the Truth [that they will perceive and recognize and become accurately aquainted with and acknowledge it],
And that they may come to their senses [and] escape out of the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him, [henceforth] to do His [God's] will.

3:BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear].
For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by and inordinate [greedy]desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. They will be abusive (blasphemous, scoffing), disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane.
[They will be] without natural [human] affection (callous and inhuman), relentless (admitting of no truce or appeasement); [they will be] slanderers (false accusers, troublemakers), intemperate and loose in morals and conduct, uncontrolled and fierce, haters of good.
[They will be] treacherous [betrayers], rash, [and] inflated with self-conceit. [They will be ] lovers of sensual pleasures and vain amusements more than and rather than lovers of God.
For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny and reject and are strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]. Avoid [all] such people [turn away from them].
For among them are those who worm their way in to homes and captivate silly and weak-natured and spiritually dwarfed women, loaded down with [the burden of their] sins [and easily] swayed and led away by various evil desire and secuctive impulses.
[These weak women will listen to anybody who will teach them]; they are forever inquiring and getting information, but are never able to arrive at a recognition and knowledge of the Truth.

Read on in whole, if you so wish...

It's 2 Timothy 3: 8 on...

I guess you could say I just became enriched more than I care to say, as each day passes by, why people have a closed mind vs. one that is truly open. And some think it is we who have closed minds, but don't you see we have done the same things, been through some of the same ideals that you are going through this very moment. We choose what is, because it's what we should do, not what we want to do. But it does get easier with time. God Bless and keep your mind open, without digesting everything that comes thru!

[Edited on 13-9-2002 by pacman]

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It was an interesting read Pacman!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You're too kind helen but thank you.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Excellent passages, pacman. Sums up much of what I've read on the posts around here. Sometimes I get frustrated like, "Come on you people!! Let's get to the real points here!!" But then I have to stop and re-read them, and actually gain a little more insight as to where these guys are coming from and what their issues are. This board is a fun place to come to... to the point of being up till 3am reading and typing!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Good one Pacman... this verse speaks to me...

But refuse (shut your mind against, have nothing to do with) trifling ( ill-informed, enedifying, stupid) controversies over ignorant questionings, for you know that they foster strife and breed quarrels.

Hense I am trying .. sometimes unsuccessfully to avoid arguments and to restict my postings in this forum...

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is one of the best posts I've read since joining ATS. I know its not your words Pacman but they are the lords, but you have made me stop and think, in fact those passages have chastised me.

Its good that the bridegroom can help eachother out even on here.

Thanks and God bless you PACMAN

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Wow stewards...it's enough to make you chaste is it?
we should hold you to that?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Mr Freemason

The word of God is all about chastisement.
It is an instruction book on how to mend our ways and adopt the real and true way of living.
The psalmest says that our delight is the law of God and we should meditate upon it day and night.

If only they would teach the kids the word of God in schools

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 04:02 AM
link   
bleh I should edit my previous statement but I'm not going to bother...I was thinking of Chasity

The words are so similar, and Chasity is more funny, you should swear to chasity because of that scripture....please!!!?

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Main Entry: chas�ti�ty
Pronunciation: 'chas-t&-tE
Function: noun
Date: 13th century

1 : the quality or state of being chaste : as a : abstention from unlawful sexual intercourse b : abstention from all sexual intercourse c : purity in conduct and intention d : restraint and simplicity in design or expression

2 : personal integrity

Main Entry: chaste
Pronunciation: 'chAst
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): chast�er; chast�est
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin castus pure
Date: 13th century

1 : innocent of unlawful sexual intercourse

2 : CELIBATE

3 : pure in thought and act : MODEST

4 a : severely simple in design or execution : AUSTERE

b : CLEAN, SPOTLESS
- chaste�ly adverb
- chaste�ness /'chAs(t)-n&s/ noun
synonyms CHASTE, PURE, MODEST, DECENT mean free from all taint of what is lewd or salacious. CHASTE primarily implies a refraining from acts or even thoughts or desires that are not virginal or not sanctioned by marriage vows . PURE differs from CHASTE in implying innocence and absence of temptation rather than control of one's impulses and actions . MODEST and DECENT apply especially to deportment and dress as outward signs of inward chastity or purity

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Excellent post pacman

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 02:46 PM
link   
excellent post, and one thing jumped out at me.

"" For although they hold a form of piety (true religion), they
deny and reject the powers of it ""

Very true.

also.......

"" The people with closed minds vs. the people with (truly) open minds ""

I just learned something i missed. this is very true.

peace.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Is there some reason why "weak women" is being used so negatively?

What, pray tell, is wrong with being a woman?

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 05:20 PM
link   
PACAMANA - I sorree but pleasea cana u givea yor questiona in a englesse pleese tankyou - so I canna giva you my informatziona - gratzie dno

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Someone banish this Wardour guy...I'm sick of hearing him talk like a retarded Jar Jar Binks.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 01:48 AM
link   
hello pacman, truly discernment is with you my friend. i too enjoy my visits here,and i as well struggel with knowing when to pick my arguments, also, when to invite them. just ask my wife!

the web can be weapon, or tool. it can help us reach the minds and souls where it would normaly be impossible to reach.
just react to people as you would in person,with love, with discernment,with gentelness,and peace. and realise that in order to understand them ,you need to listen to them. sometimes we hear,(or in the webs case,read) things we rather not.
this isnt always gossip,rember be wise in your words and thoughts.

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well then CrossWard, I bind you by your statement to forever love and be kind to Freemasonry...BY YOUR OWN WORDS!!!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 01:53 PM
link   
HELLO AGAIN FREEMASON,
you know that ive been nothing but kind to you,and i shall continue to be.
though i may not agree with your views i shall always respect that they are your views. i will however make my views known as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Byrd,

What do you mean when you ask why "weak women" is being used negatively? Where is it used? A Biblical context? I believe God created women and men to complement each other... If you know what the true design of being male and female is, our strengths and weaknesses balance each other out. Although I don't know if any of you has noticed, the battle for control of the thermostat never ends...

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 12:15 AM
link   
CareBear: The original verse did not refer to women. The interpretation said this:

[These weak women will listen to anybody who will teach them]; they are forever inquiring and getting information, but are never able to arrive at a recognition and knowledge of the Truth.

I don't see males and females as two distinct groups with two distinct behaviors. I see a whole specturm of behavior that is "human" -- unless they live in a rigidly theistic society (think of Afghanistan under the Taliban) where male and female roles are defined and there's very strict segregation of the sexes.

top topics

join