It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*2005* Posters in Seattle: “Join the Military”, (discretional pics). UPCOMING DRAFT: 1/3rd enlis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
THE DAWNING OF A DRAFT
A web sight dedicated to recruiting solders has posted discretional pictures of mutilated bodies on Rainier Street Seattle [Mane Street].

As a respect to the youth and the general public I tore many of them down. But I did copy them with a scanner. Either some extreme war fan with a lot of time on his hands decided he should help, or it was the government.

I believe the reason they specified Seattle is because only 1/3rd of the people they wanted to join in Seattle has joined:
1/3rd Seattle area enlistments:
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

DRAFT And because of this a draft may occur if the numbers stay at their low pace.

Viewer discretion is advised.
replacementsneeded.tripod.com...

[edit on 14-7-2005 by The Surrealist]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I doubt it's the government.......the pictures are ANTI-WAR!!!!!

Am I the only one that caught that?

Seems to me that you, The Surrealist, are helping the government by taking them down

Way to go

[edit on 14/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The point is that most people wouldnt see that on the street, it dousnt say, ANTI-WAR anywere on the posters.

It says JOIN THE MILITARY, what is that telling you? Its telling you to join the military.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Haha. Those are so obviously protesting the war, not promoting it, and I think anyone with half a brain would see that.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
And the fact that anyone can just glanse up and see a dead bloody soldure isnt to good either.

But is interesting to see how the numbers on 'soldures left' keep going down through the months.

If you dont agree with this than the 1/3 is unavoidable, they want replacemants and theyll do anything to get them.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Dont look at anything but the posters, thats the message there sending us, "Join the Military replacemants needed, thats all you see when your driving down the road, you dont see the web site name, its very small.

If they are anti war than why would they make thease posters?

[EDIT]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

If they are anti war than why would they make thease posters?

Think of Sarcasm.....

But on a poster...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Really? Oh... I knew there was some hidden message in this, I just didnt think that they would use sarcasm in something like this. Damnit, Im laughing

But still, posting dead people isnt to good. They should probably make it more obviouse so idiots like myself dont have to think.

I appreasiate you not calling me half minded, or anything, that was very good.

Ok now that thats cleared up, what about the 1 in every third person has been recruted, I know theres nothing sarcastic in that, anything like this in your area?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Everything allong the 'Politics' branch is about a draft, so Im sure that the 1/3rd recruted deal has some significants.

For your sake

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

But if anyone is bland enough to join the military, they would be bland enough to not see the sarcasm in the posters and it would give the wrong message. I dont know were bland came from, I think Im thinking of something ells...

Im in the Military and I understood the Sarcasm just fine

How am I bland?
I don't think Im the one that's bland

Anways, I agree. Posting dead bodies in public is bad JooJoo.
You can think your left-wing activist for that, they're the ones who posted these posters up.
That's what the internet is for....so I can get my fix on dead bodies

ya know...us bland people need to get our jollies off somehow.

[edit on 14/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I realize what I said and I oppologize, I sah Gunner Palace, did you take part in it?
I sah what you go though, but its nothing than what really happens, the addrenaline, dissoreanted firefights, only you can feal that.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
You have a problem with this? Do you think it sucks? Is it unamerican? Shut your mouth and do something about it

Legs speak louder than jaws.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
You have a problem with this? Do you think it sucks? Is it unamerican? Then stop complaining about the weather and do something about it

Legs speak louder than jaws.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Please may I have another.

It hurts so good.

join