It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DMT and alien abductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
'___' is a psychodelic drug, and also produced in the human brain, plants and animals.

Users of the drug '___' (Dimethyltryptamine) often report experiences exact to those abducted by aliens.

So, do you think there is any correlation?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This has been discussed before in reference to "Magic Mushrooms" and the work of Terrance McKenna.

The consensus seems to be that although the experiences seem to be real (i.e. talking to other physical, reasoning entities) - that it is all created by the mind.

It is not that hard to believe for me, really, because I have very vivid dreams sometimes in which I interact with people (whom I have never met in real life that I know of) in varied, interesting, and complex ways.

Of course some people will never accept this - but the fact that contact can never be continued with the same entities while "sober" seems to point to the fact that they are not really physically "real" but imaginary manifestations.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That makes sense...

But maybe alien abductions are the same thing? Not to say that aliens don't exist, but '___' IS produced naturally in the brain. Peoples "trip" reports usually say that its the most real thing they've ever experienced, unlike anything else out there. Like being blasted into a completely different universe. Perhaps some of these abductions could be a malfunction in the brain, where it releases a large amount of it..If you didn't know it was happening, and its a very VERY real experience, I could see how people would be absolutely convinced that it really happened.

Just a thought

Could you imagine if someone gave this stuff to you without you realising it....then all of a sudden your in some screwed up sense of reality...That would be freaky as hell.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Pink4Flower,

Yes I agree, Abduction stories to me always sound like so much hogwash.

It certainly could be all in their mind...

As a legitamate amateur UFOlogist researcher, I purposely avoid almost all abduction phenomenna in favor of actual recorded sightings (radar or camera/film), eye-witness accounts, government documents, and trace (or actual) physical evidence.

To me even dealing with abduction realted issues simply confuses the issue.

I would prefer to leave those studies to a few, comprehensive, specialized UFOlogists (such as Bud Hopkins), who have enough experience to likely intuitively recogonize and imaginary tale from a legitimate one.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
ive seen them completely sober, and ive seen them even better on shrooms

But they never abducted me, i think its becouse i didnt want to be abducted. It was scary enough as it was....maybe next time guys

top topics

join