It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John McCain joins in one of the R-rated movies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. -- who once held hearings chastising Hollywood studios for producing R- rated films and marketing them to teens -- is now playing a part in one!

Opening this weekend, WEDDING CRASHERS, a movie packed with raunchy moments and bare-breasted beauties bedding down with the guys.

And Senator John McCain!

Executives at the studio made a deliberate decision to swim against the current and fill the movie with four-letter words and lots-a-sex.

McCain joked on Tuesday, "Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson and me - we're all pretty much starring roles." McCain said he couldn't resist a chance to appear in a Hollywood movie because "it impresses my kids."

Actors Wilson and Vaughn play divorce mediators who slip into weddings in order to seduce guests. Its slogan is "Life's a party. Crash it."

During his senate hearings on Hollywood, McCain lectured Hollywood executives for pushing R-rated films:

"Motion pictures have to ability to elevate and inspire us. To weave wonderful tales, and to record our history. Clearly though, such is not the case."

for his all talk about R-rated moves now he wants to be in one and he is in one thats comin up, that makes him a hypocrite to say hes against R rated movies.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Actually, what he had taken issue with was violence. Violent, R rated movies marketed specificly towards teens and pre-teens.

The Federal Trade Commission issued a report and the findings were the impetus for the issue to be brought before the Senate Commerce Committee, of which John McCain is the Chairman.

mccain.senate.gov...

The report exposed "extensive marketing and, in many instances, explicit targeting of violent R-rated films to children under the age of 17, and violent PG-13 films to children under 13." Of the 44 R-rated films studied by the Commission, 80 percent were targeted to children under 17. One particularly disturbing quote from a marketing plan for an R-rated movie sequel states: "..it seems to make sense to interview 10 to 11 year olds ... In addition, we will survey African-American and Latino moviegoers between the ages of 10 and 24." In the motion picture industry, this is the equivalent of racial profiling.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Uh, McCain had a problem with violence being marketed to kids..... So your point Delta is just more GOP BS. I can't believe how much Republicans hate their own kind just because they have a brain, and use it!

But it seems someone already told you this, you just ran off like a scalded republican.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm assuming this movie has no violence in it then? But yeah, as I recall this issue wasn't R rated movies, it was violence...

top topics

join