It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian "Sunburn" anti-ship missile threat neutralized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Goodbye "Sunburn," hello "Lotion".....or should that be called SeaRAM?

To date, any defence against the Russian "Sunburn" anti-ship missile was minimal to haphazard at best. This article sets into motion/"lotion" the ability to deny "Sunburn."

Article:
"Anti-ship missile defense unveiled"
SeaRAM for short......
www.navytimes.com...

Comments welcome; "lotion" optional.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
So?
"Sunburn" is A LARGE MISSILE.. (Same size or larger than HISTORICAL "STYX" and isnt used on "capital ships", MOSTLY on FAC and CORVETTES to my understanding? Race between weapon / counter-measures continues.. nobody has won.. yet..
But i would imagine that when LASER-"CANNONS" enter service in LARGE SCALE.. they will make missiles obsolete.. But then again.. we have the EMP weapons to shut down the electric LASER-"CANNONS".. and so the race continues.. AGAIN..

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yep Uninen, I would agree with that.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Btw...

Here is another article from Raytheon concerning SeaRAM:
www.raytheon.com...

and a picture of the system:

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the pics.. i was kinda waiting for those..
Like Mk 15 CIWS but with missiles only.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Keep dreaming, warmongers. The only super power on "gods" green earth my ass. Look into SCO, which now comprises over 3/4s of planet's population.
Oh, and btw, your links that supposedly show sunburn and its modernized version being neutralized are dead. Ooops.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For some mysterious reason all the links come up dead.

Hmmm. I wonder if the announcement has been retracted.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is what I found in the google cache.
SeaRAm

I figure the links were killed to deny Iranian millitary intelligence guys anything useful given current tensions.
Its seems to be one hell of a system though.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Here is a link to Raytheon's datasheet for the searam.

Link to Datasheet for SeaRAM

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I was just reading last week about how Iran has sunburn missiles and can take out our fleet without any possible defense. And I said to myself, I wonder how long before they open the crates and deploy the countermeasures?

I did not expect that they would advertise. This means only one thing in my opinion.

It means there is no doubt that the technology will be revealed when it is used. Why would they do that I wonder? I doubt it is to convince Iran not to fire the missiles.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uninen
LASER-"CANNONS" enter service in LARGE SCALE.. they will make missiles obsolete.. But then again.. we have the EMP weapons to shut down the electric LASER-"CANNONS".. and so the race continues.. AGAIN..

A barrage from these new fangled 'rail guns' could prove a bit nasty - no electronics in the actual projectile, no propulsion in the actual projectile.... ergo very very little signature, suppose you could EMP the launcher but I got a feeling they might be on to a winner with that one.

Necessity is the mother of invention and money / power is the mother of war - *sing "It's the circle of life!"

new topics

top topics

join