It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats' laboratory: The host organism dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ann Coulter, the darling of any logical thinking human being, has made a very good observation. One would be wise to consider her position before the whole nation is allowed to go down the same tubes.

In June 2002, the liberal American Prospect magazine was hailing California as a "laboratory" for Democratic policies. With "its Democratic governor, U.S. senators, state legislature and congressional delegation," author Harold Meyerson gushed, "California is the only one of the nation's 10 largest states that is uniformly under Democratic control." In the Golden State, Meyerson said, "the next New Deal is in tryouts." (Can't you just feel the tension building?)

Just a few years before that, the impresario of this adventure in Democratic governance, Gov. Gray Davis, was being touted as presidential material � which wasn't nearly as insulting a thing to say to a politician back then as it is now. Analyst Charles Cook said Davis was "a major player in the Democratic Party," with qualities that would "serve him well should Davis try to test his national ambitions." Davis' fellow Democratic governor, Gary Locke of Washington, called Davis "truly the rising star among governors across America, and among Democrats he's so highly respected as one of the new breed of moderate, centrist Democrats." The only Davis adjective he left out was "money-grubbing."

The rest of the fact-filled editorial:
www.townhall.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Someone better start throwing some "life preservers" to the Democrack Party....
I heard they were actually thinking of hiring "Tatoo" from old Fantasy Island. He's new saying would lend to the current Democrack situation: "The Ship is sinking....the Ship is sinking....."

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ironically, Gary Locke is the same Govonor who is cutting off massive state programs in Washington because of a huge budget Crisis in Olympia, to the point they are actually thinking of bringing the state income tax back. Yep, Gary locke, same Govonor who helped drive Boeing out, at the loss of many jobs, with his refusal to create some sort of tax friendly policy to keep the airplane giant in the state. I guess sometimes democrats forget that in order to fund thier projects to give money to stupid, lazy, drug addicted wasteoids, he needs taxes from gainfully employed people, and when you drive off the big companies who employ people, leaving the taxpayers unemployed, you lose state revenue.

The only reason we re elcted Locke is because Carlson was a bordeline fascist.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You want some more humor? The Republican governor of Alabama is trying to rally the citizenry to vote for a complicated tax increase this September. The plan is about 500 pages long. It means that the people will pay more taxes, the corporations will get around their increases in creative and legal ways, and the state spends more money on failing systems. Our teachers are 26 on the national pay level while our education ranking is 2 or three from the bottom. The rally-cry is education. I'm not buying it. Not when a superintendant makes well into the 6-digit figures and can retire in a handful of years, rather than 20 or 25.
Today, while travelling back from Texas in my '99 Taurus, I came along a beautiful, new Crown Victoria. It was doing about 20 over the speed limit. I'm paying for both the car and the FREAKIN' GASOLINE for this guy and they want me to pay more taxes? Bull!! When the servants are sporting vehicles the masters can't afford, the end is coming soon. We saw it in California, and otehr fat states are likely to see it as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I agree that California is a living monument to what can happen when the Demagogues (got that one from a friend
) practice self-will run riot.

Concerning the educational system...it is so very, stinking screwed up that ALL that will fix it will be for the federal government to hand it back to the local governments (where it should have been all along) and let the people of that school district pay for, run and structure the individual schools.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Up here in Washington state, we have a fellow named Tim Eyman. Great guy. He pushed a bill on the ballot to basically reduce car registration fees to a flat 30 bucks across the board for all vehicles. the bill went through with a massive majority. The state battled the legality of it, no friggin surprise, eventually, they kept the 30 buck tab fee, but enacted other fees and shot down the part of the bill that stated that all citizens must be able to vote on any govornment proposed fee increase.

The issue here wasnt paying taxes, or fees, its the fact that law makers are so damn wasteful and incompetant, they raise taxes, waste the money, then raise fees again to cover for thier stupidity. Why should they have MORE money when they cant even manage what we gave them in the first place? raising taxes on this and that to cover debts and budget short falls is like giving your wife or hubby another credit card after they have overdrawn your bank account, ran up the hpne bill, overcharged all your creditcards, and have destroyed your household finacnes.

Tim Eymans never ending tax campaign has a point: until these idiots in the capitol learn how to handle the money we give them, they are cut off, and are not gonna get anymore money until they figure out were the hell the rest went.

I agree. Stop giving politicians more credit cards when they cant even pay thier visas now.

new topics

top topics

join