It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microcosm avatars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw up some avatars I've been messing around with.

1st Avatar I made. Also my one of my Favorites. The girl is from a music video by "My chemical romance".

2nd Avatar I made. All three girls are members of a band called the "horror pops". I liked it at the start, but it's definitely not on my favorites list. Ironically I'm using it now.

3rd Avatar I made. Never bothered to use it though. I'm abit undecided as to how "distracting" it would be to readers.

Avatar I made for another member, after finding out he liked My chemical romance. Originally was taken from a show flyer from one of the bands gigs. Had to alter it abit, but I'm satisfied with how it came out.

Another avatar I made for a member.

These are the newest avatars I made for myself.

I did a search for "Microcosm" on google image search, and found this. I liked the way it looked, so just messed around with it abit. It's a simple avatar, but I still like the way it looks.

This is a USCG "Jayhawk" (HH-60j) helicopter. I have a love for the ocean, and a huge fascination with the CG. I like to read up on CG history, and plan on enlisting in the very near future. I'd like to strike as a BM, and eventually go Coxswain. Maybe do some LE, too.

Tanker ship approaching a bad storm. It made it out allright.

Nothing amazing here. I was just messing around, and came up with this.

Thats the coast guard cutter Tamaroa. If you've ever seen the movie "the perfect storm" this is the cutter that responded to the distress calls made by the Satori, and arrived on scene at the Andrea Gails sinking.

I usually find a design I like, and stick with it for a little bit. Such as the "microcosm" in edwardian script that I used for my first 2 avatars, I'm trying to break the habit, and create something new everytime now. As of right now I'm sorta stuck in a "maritime" theme though, I guess it reflects how I feel right now in my life.

As of right now I'm using my name, to the side now... I need to think up a new design now, so I don't get stuck using this 10 times in a row. Either way, thanks for looking at my avatars. Comments, and opinions welcome.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I love the "Tanker ship" and the first one. Please keep up the good work and post some more.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I like your style microcosm.
Keep pumping out the avatars

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Newest avatar... hot out of the oven.

I'm not 100% satisfied with this avatar, more like 75%. I need to work with the lighting, the shadow on the left wing of the plane is really not helping me get where I want to be. The lighting is easy to take care of, but at 2:00 AM it's not something I wan't to start messing with.

Anyhow, here it is.

I have a few more ideas for "Jet" themes. I think an animated gif would be rather cool too... I gotta think about it.

Enjoy.

On a totally unrelated note, I like to have my avatars blend into my profile color. I usually use a solid avatar color, or a gradient to help me do this. Notice that almost all my avatars have a black gradient, this is to blend it into the mini-profile color. The ones that don't have gradients, like Off The_Streets avatar are a solid back ground color. In OTS's case the color was the standard ATS grey, so it'd blend right into the BG without needing to change any mini-profile colors. I really don't know why I'm mentioning this... maybe I just like to hear the typing of my own keys... either way...

enjoy.

[edit on 7/12/05 by microcosm]

top topics

join