It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pineapple Root Extract Blocks Cancer!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
As quoted from original article:
"Australian scientists have discovered pineapple molecules can act as powerful anti-cancer agents and said the research could lead to a new class of cancer-fighting drugs.

Scientists at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR) said their work centred on two molecules from bromelaine, an extract derived from crushed pineapple stems that is used to tenderise meat, clarify beers and tan hides."

Yaho o News Link

This could finally be a major victory in the war on cancer! The article goes on to say that the CCS and CCZ proteins could block growth of a broad range of tumour cells, including breast, lung, colon, ovarian and melanoma. Could we finally have a solution to this number one killer?

-DjOsiris

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sounds great!

PiƱa Coladas for everyone on me!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I got poked in the ankle by a pineapple plant spine by accident once. I had varicose veins on my left ankle at the time. In a week, the puncture wound healed- and my varicose veins were gone. It hurt so bad, though, I still have varicose veins on my right ankle. I was not willing to 'intentionally' inflict the 'treatment' on my other leg!

Forget extract or canned pineapple. Get a fresh one, ripen it on the windowsill, and eat it fresh. Or as fresh-whipped Pina Coladas.

Good Mexican medicine.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's certainly possible. I know that coconut milk can be used as a substitute for human blood plasma (you'd probably only do something like that in extreme circumstances, I imagine).

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am going to check around with my local herbal shops and online to see if there is a place to purchase the root extract. Sounds like a great way to get a jump on this and of course I will post whatever I find asap.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a tin of pinapple is supposed to be extremely good for bruises also

top topics

join