It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Project?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I just recently watched the Disclosure Project for the first time and was blown away.

This was also the first I've ever heard about it and was wondering what happened to it? It took place in 2001 which is four years ago now so I was wondering what came of it? Another question I have is were any of the witnesses exposed as frauds? Each one seems intensly credible and tell their stories with extreme confidence.

I'm new to the project and any information would be appreciated!

Y.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's really interesting stuff, I agree. There are updates on the site and I believe 2004 was the date of the last entry. My personal opinion is that they may be waiting for the new administration after Bush is out. After all, it was Bush Sr. that denied Jimmy Carter access to the UFO thing back in the 70's. I am 100% convinced that all testimonies during that conference are 100% legit.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of previous "Disclosure" threads. Check out the above search.

Everybody wants it, nobody seems to know the best way.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I also just recently watched the "Disclosure Project" press conference. I was immediately put off when the first individual to speak claimed/admited to being an actor.

Why would an introduction be made by an actor? I also googled a couple names of the witnesses, and came up with nothing, but that may be because I haven't used the correct channels in my quick 'research'.

The fact that the project has seemed to peeter out fairly quickly is also another thing I find extremely suspect. This doctor has apparently spent 8 or some odd years researching and compiling this evidence and the project only lasts puplicly for a few short years? With nothing of substance to come since its inception (the press conference)?

I also tried to pay attention to the news media who were asking questions, and while I didn't recognize them at all (not too big a deal), I didn't even recognize their organizations. It reminded me of movie blurbs for bad movies, where the blurb author is so obscure or unknown that it's obviously a fabricated or commisioned statement.

I would have loved to get behind this organization, but it seems they have not only failed, but given up. Unless they just tired or ran out of money to continue the ruse.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
the actor guy is not a one of the witnesses providing testimony

i think he was just the introduction guy

your judgement of everyone else should have nothing to do with the bad choice to have the actor introduce them

i havent seen anyone debunk this yet; so im very curious to see what comes of it if anything

its very brave of them to do this
and if it were fake; it would be very very brave because people like ATSers will ruin their reputations eventually

the lack of dirt on them makes me want to give it alot more credit

i would really like to see them get this show on the road agian

we all want full disclosure

*** its ok if the Govt keeps the details of the tech secret for security**
but theres hardly any security risk in disclosing the existance of aliens

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Disclosure Project uses actors to back their cause for the same reason the republicans and democrats use actors to back theirs. To gain attention from certain people who may not have been interested. It's nothing new. I have emailed back and forth with the team at the Disclosure Project on several different issues in the past, including the use of actors as spokesmen for their cause. Below is a recent conversation I had with them about a completely different topic, but I threw in a question at the end of our discussion that I had been wondering for a while...

Again, thank you for your reply!
>
> I was wondering something that is a bit off topic here. Have you guys
> made any attempts at getting backing and support from the likes of
> Spielberg and/or Lucas? It seems quite obvious that the ET/UFO lore is
> forefront in their minds. Getting their name attached to your cause
> would be almost as good as getting the backing of the president. I'm
> sure this is nothing you haven't thought of before, but I thought I'd
> throw it out there.
>
> Thanks!

Yes, we have thought of Spielberg and Lucas. Spielberg doesn't want to
support positive ET interactions anymore, and I don't know if we have a
direct contact to Lucas but we know where his ranch is

It's a matter of networking to connect with people and we don't approach
them directly without knowing someone who knows them.
We've also talked to people like Scott Bakula and actors from the old
Star Trek series.

Take care,

Debbie

They are really nice people and seem to get back with me pretty quickly.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Disclosure Project uses actors to back their cause for the same reason the republicans and democrats use actors to back theirs. To gain attention from certain people who may not have been interested. It's nothing new. I have emailed back and forth with the team at the Disclosure Project on several different issues in the past, including the use of actors as spokesmen for their cause. Below is a recent conversation I had with them about a completely different topic, but I threw in a question at the end of our discussion that I had been wondering for a while...

Again, thank you for your reply!
>
> I was wondering something that is a bit off topic here. Have you guys
> made any attempts at getting backing and support from the likes of
> Spielberg and/or Lucas? It seems quite obvious that the ET/UFO lore is
> forefront in their minds. Getting their name attached to your cause
> would be almost as good as getting the backing of the president. I'm
> sure this is nothing you haven't thought of before, but I thought I'd
> throw it out there.
>
> Thanks!

Yes, we have thought of Spielberg and Lucas. Spielberg doesn't want to
support positive ET interactions anymore, and I don't know if we have a
direct contact to Lucas but we know where his ranch is

It's a matter of networking to connect with people and we don't approach
them directly without knowing someone who knows them.
We've also talked to people like Scott Bakula and actors from the old
Star Trek series.

Take care,

Debbie

Spielberg doesn't support 'positive' interactions any more?? Let's see..Close Encounters, E.T., Taken, and now War Of The Worlds. I don't like that pattern much at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
the actor guy is not a one of the witnesses providing testimony

i think he was just the introduction guy

Enrikez
Why would an introduction be made by an actor?

mpeake
Disclosure Project uses actors to back their cause for the same reason the republicans and democrats use actors to back theirs. To gain attention from certain people who may not have been interested. It's nothing new.

I don't think they were very successful if this was their plan. The reason this is successful with big name celebrities, or cult followed actors, is because the people are interested in the actor, not the cause. I doubt many cared that this guy was involved.

mpeake

I am glad they responded to you, and that you are satisfied with their following up on interested parties.

muzzleflash
your judgement of everyone else should have nothing to do with the bad choice to have the actor introduce them

My judgement of the witnesses has nothing to do with the actor. I am not judging them at all, I am trying to investigate their claims. The project does seem to have a certain amount of breadth in their 'snapshot' of the information they have compiled.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If your intrigued by the video, you should read the book Disclosure Project by Dr. Greer. It is much more detailed and explains government secrecy very well. Some of the witnesses are questionable, and many question the agenda of Dr. Greer, but I still think it is good research material. Many cases you can also find more info on elsewhere, but is a good compilation of material.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
mpeake,

Did she really use a smiley in the e-mail ?

DP is dead in water !

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
perhaps a good explanation for this can be found in history

many times groups attempting to accomplish a goal; have been infiltrated or distracted or influenced in ways to slow them down; or even stop the effort all togeather

this is common in our history books

good examples are the byzantine and roman empires and the story of their successions and rebellions
all the intrigue and deception etc

"IF" this effort; the "Disclosure Project" was "legit";
than it could be very possible they were pulled off course intentionally by the very govt that allowed them to get this far

perhaps they wanted them to get so far and then pull the plug
just to kinda give us people something to talk about for the meantime

its a step closer ; but this process will involve many many more steps obviously
the subject of disclosure is very important even to the govt

they have to admit it eventually because humans will be traveling in space for 10000$ here really soon
people will be vacationing up there by 2050 most likely says NASA
*wealthy people*

so sooner or later; the culmination, or snowballing ; of this subject will result in 'revelations' in the minds of more and more
and most everyone will be ready to hear the govt admit it by this time

im just speculating so dont take me serious or anything

just the very existance of the group and their press conferance speaks volumes
what this all means i dont have any idea

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
mpeake,

Did she really use a smiley in the e-mail ?

Yup.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
"IF" this effort; the "Disclosure Project" was "legit";
than it could be very possible they were pulled off course intentionally by the very govt that allowed them to get this far

perhaps they wanted them to get so far and then pull the plug
just to kinda give us people something to talk about for the meantime

Yes, this is my guess as well - and it has precednt and makes perfect sense.

This is why, if we really want to be serious about disclosure, there must be "dark" projects who reveal information/witness interviews for free on the web and post them under a pseudonym.

As for where this is all going, I would have to agree with Dr. Greers assesment - when the Extraterestrial presence can no longer be denied, the powers that be will portray them as an enemy to be feared (with the accompanying staged attacks) in a last ditch effort to retain control of the world's populace.

The scary thing is this could concievably buy them several hundred to a thousand more years of power and deception - if good men do nothing.

I don't think we want to leave that legacy for our children...

top topics

join