It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

family relationship problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
hey people i have a bad family relationship with my mom... sometimes i really hate her... i dont want to go anywhere with her and i cant be in the same room with her without getting mad and wanting to brake smomething...:bash: :bnghd:
..... plz help me i need some advice on how to correct this

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I still feel that way about my mother from time to time, no need to worry it's pretty normal. But in general I have a good relationship with her, if you feel this way ALL the time then you may need to seek some help.

[edit on 7/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Have you tried sitting down to talk with your Mom?

Is she aware of your feelings?

Are you aware of hers ?

Try to figure out what's at the root of this.

Are you doing something that is annoying her? Is she doing something annoying to you?

Try talking to her. You might be surprised to find she's not actually aware of your feelings....and vice versa.

(for what it's worth, I'm 32, and my Mother and I still have our fights!)

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Is she doing something annoying to you?

everything she does seems stupid and annoying to me

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm sure, yes.

But...first things first.

Have you talked with your Mom about how you feel?

Can you narrow those 'annoying things' down? Is she stopping you from doing something you want to do? Making rules you don't like?

It sounds a bit like you're going through a normal part of life...I'd guess virtually everyone on this board has experienced the same thing.

Just know that your Mom isn't out to get you, or make you her enemy. You're both having a hard time understanding each other....and if you can actually sit down with her and try to talk about it, that might be one step in the right direction, you know?

And keep thinking about how she's feeling, too - I'd bet this isn't a walk in the park for her, either.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
no she is letting me do everything... she bough me a crowbar... i broke so many things in the house and she didnt take it or anything... she bought me a pellet rifle... with pest control pellets... and i do w/e i want and idk i just hate her and cant be in the same room with her without getting mad

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Maybe family therapy would help.

It sounds as if you might have issues dealing with anger in an appropriate manner; your Mom is a natural target for this, it seems?

Letting you do what you want probably isn't helping, actually.

Have you talked to her? at all? considered her feelings?

(I know, I know, I keep asking this...but it is important)

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
take no offence. she annoys you.... big deal.
every mother, father, sister and brother annoys their family members.
but you are taking it to another level distroying her house!
did YOU buy the stuff that YOU broke?
if she did what you are doing the social services would be involved.

think about it, it could be alot worse.

i have known alot of people who parents didnt care for them in the way they should, and i tell you now. they suffered, one even killed their self!

they were not getting fed, or giving money to get to school, they had to walk, the were sick from eating off dirty plates because they didnt have money to buy washing up liquid. their parents were crack heads.... yes crack heads.

they had men women coming into their house, to get tick and my girl mate had to nearly every night stop her dad beating up her mother because they were on crack and didnt know what they were doing!

at least your mother is buying things for you! so just think of how lucky you are!

because people like you who think they are miss treated wouldnt last five minutes in my mates shoes!

think about it!

oni x x

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
forget the braking stuff and the social stuff
i need help cuz its not natural to hate ur parents for no reason....

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
forget the braking stuff and the social stuff
i need help cuz its not natural to hate ur parents for no reason....

To get help, you need to seek help.

Not from a message board - from a professional.

Social stuff? That's called being mature, RK...giving your parents the chance to sit down with you and actually try to head off further problems, you know? You're very much aware of what's going on - now it's up to you.

You can ignore it, and let it get worse.

Or you can try and do something about it.

join