It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The London Bus Bomb Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
BBC Newsnight had the best explanation - all the bombs were put on @ Kings Cross (circle line eastbound and circle line westbound - adjacent platforms) and then Piccadilly line southbound. Something then happened that made him / the 4th bomber leave the Tube and get on the bus.

Looks like 1-3 were on timers or detonated by hand. If the lone bomber theory's correct then obviously timer

Very 'lucky' the 4th bomb was on the bus and not on the piccadilly line northbound - one of the deepest lines and where the majority were killed.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
SkyNews have an interview with an Israel rescue team member who deals with sucide bombers. He believes the damage on the bus matches a suicide bomber...

I'm watching Sky News too and he didn't say that at all. He is just talking about suicide bus bombs in Israel and how they usually have nails in their bus bombs, and how there were no nails in the London bus bomb.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just want to throw it out there again that i believe Ken Livingstone hinted that the bombs were not suicide bombs shortly after it all happened, just a little bit of info to keep in mind.
At this point it does seem they were planted.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
BBC Newsnight had the best explanation - all the bombs were put on @ Kings Cross (circle line eastbound and circle line westbound - adjacent platforms) and then Piccadilly line southbound. Something then happened that made him / the 4th bomber leave the Tube and get on the bus.

Looks like 1-3 were on timers or detonated by hand. If the lone bomber theory's correct then obviously timer

Very 'lucky' the 4th bomb was on the bus and not on the piccadilly line northbound - one of the deepest lines and where the majority were killed.

The theory is that they could have been triggered by alarms on mobile phones.

I wonder wheter the bus bomb went off when the bomber was setting or re-setting the alarm on the back of the bus where less people would see him doing it?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Don't buy it, sorry. A phone would never work on the piccadilly line for remote detonation - maybe sometimes on the Circle which is cut& cover in places but the picc is a tube (a tunnel). Imagine a bomb in a pipe under 80ft of sandbags and you're close. It's way deep.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Don't buy it, sorry. A phone would never work on the piccadilly line for remote detonation - maybe sometimes on the Circle which is cut& cover in places but the picc is a tube (a tunnel). Imagine a bomb in a pipe under 80ft of sandbags and you're close. It's way deep.

You don't need a signal because the alarm on the mobile phone with the bomb can set it off.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
yeah sure you can use a mobile as a timer but you can use lots of things as a timer like... a timer. Sorry mis-read your initial post

I

[edit on 8-7-2005 by CTID56092]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I agree it is more likely to be their fellow Britons, than outside terrorists, who orchestrated these attacks on the London transit system.
Britain has chosen to turn a blind eye to the Islamic menace in their midst for too long. Their tolerance has come back to bite them.
The most obvious follow up is a detailed invasive scrutiny of their Muslim community , the hatred-spreading Imams...... and the mosques from which they spew their venom.
It's called PROFILING !!!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by periwinkle blue
I agree it is more likely to be their fellow Britons, than outside terrorists, who orchestrated these attacks on the London transit system.
Britain has chosen to turn a blind eye to the Islamic menace in their midst for too long. Their tolerance has come back to bite them.
The most obvious follow up is a detailed invasive scrutiny of their Muslim community , the hatred-spreading Imams...... and the mosques from which they spew their venom.

I suppose the fear of some people is that profiling may be extended to the populace at large.
Wouldn't profiling of a particular race within a society break some sort of international law?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by periwinkle blue

I certainly wouldn't go that far but there's a lot in what you say. We'll deal with it somehow - likely to be a significant number of Muslims hurt / killed yesterday so it's something UK Islam will have to think long & hard about.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Very 'lucky' the 4th bomb was on the bus and not on the piccadilly line northbound - one of the deepest lines and where the majority were killed southbound. Sorry that was wrong BBC now announce 13 dead in bus bombing

top topics

<< 1   >>

join