It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Behind the London Attacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What's Behind the London Attacks?
The bombing of the London Underground was a false-flag operation designed to keep the West mired in war. Don't believe otherwise.
By Matt Hutaff Jul 7, 2005

Only one word sprang to mind when I heard about the bombings that claimed the lives of dozens of Londoners today – convenient.

Is there anything convenient in death, or in thousands of lives destroyed from catastrophe? No – and words cannot express the sorrow I feel for the men and women changed by today's events. But governments with skeletons in their closets have a great deal to gain from a national tragedy bolstered by "terrorism."

As I sit in my office today, I hear the whispers of co-workers now utterly convinced our war on terror must continue. Despite American and British involvement in the Middle East birthing wave after wave of rebel forces, the Bush doctrine is now justified in the minds of millions. Petty grievances such as the Downing Street Minutes, the President's flagging support and Karl Rove's treasonous outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame are unimportant. A shadowy conglomeration is out to kill us.
www.thesimon.com...

Perfect timing. BushCo. needed a distraction. Boy, they got it.

[edit on 7/7/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Why bomb London?
1. So the people blame their goverment and make it unpopular. This happend during the Spanish elections but only after the pro Iraq war goverment blamed the terrorist act on ETA not "muslim" fanatics. They were accused of doing this for political reasons and thats what caused the back lash.
2. To make the people more angry, more pro war. This might seem like a bad idea but the aim is to cause more support for terrorism (within the fanatics own people). For believers in a global Jihad this seems to be smart. (The same fanatics seem to forget we have Nukes and they don't. Maybe they think our leaders arn't crazy enough to use them. I would ask them to think again).
3. To make Western people question "why you are doing your terrorism." This will indirectly draw attention to your peoples suffering.
4. To make your people feel "proud" that the violence isn't all one way. The first Gulf War killed 250,000 Iraqis so only God knows how many this one has killed.
5. To remind us we are hated, that the war on terrorism isn't working.

In my opinion and (i dare say yours) all of these "reasons" are small compared with the trouble they cause.

Far from weakening the war on terror Bush will be able to bang on about "the threat" from terrorism. Far from weakening the goverment the people will unite around their leaders as Western people always have done during a time of fear and "war". Far from making the goverment unpopular it gives it more reasons to jusify its actions, and more political tools to attack anti war people like myself. Far from making Arabs proud it makes them scared about what the West will do next.
So perhaps the biggest reason for terrorism is that the terrorists sincerally do not understand our people, let alone our culture. Yours Alex.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The real terrorists understand our people all too well.

It is the people who do not understand the terrorists.

join