It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10 to get DSI intakes ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
The millions of times people say about the relationship of J-10 and LAVI, I'm not gonna correct them anymore, believe in what thy want to believe but a simple comparison in specs and capabilities give you the truth about that relationship.

I have posted all the facts on this thread : www.abovetopsecret.com... Post Number: 1448335 (post id: 1470228) with supporting links to back my claims. Now even the Israeli's have admitted to selling the Lavi's stuff. Even Chinese sources admit to it and aslo go to say even its Russian engine is now copied. Anyway lets keep this off this discussion or it will turn into another bever ending flame war.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Am I one of the few who actually likes the J-10 design?

Ofcourse it's design is obviously inspired by the western light fighters.

Back on subject, those intakes look ugly alright, sure the current ones look like they are duck-taped to the fuselage, but it looks better then some psuedo-stealth intake...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
photos 2 and 3 on this either completely CG or part CG IMHO

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
J-10 has diverterless inlets/intakes like the F-35?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
^^

YEah even I'm asking the same question!!
Can anybody explain the functionality of the DSI??

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
let me quote cowlan from another thread :

DSI stands for Divertless Supersonic Intakes. The bumps seen at the intakes are litterally called Bumps. At high aircraft speeds through supersonic, the bumps work with forward-swept inlet cowls to redirect unwanted boundary layer airflow away from the inlets, essentially doing the job of heavier, more complex, and more costly approaches used by current fighters. It proved to save significant weight, reduce RCS by concealing the engine's fans which generate most of the RCS when searching from the front. It improves performances both when supersonic and subsonic. The DSI bump functions as a compression surface and creates a pressure distribution that prevents the majority of the boundary layer air from entering the inlet at speeds up to Mach 2. In essence, the DSI does away with complex and heavy mechanical systems.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
www.codeonemagazine.com...

Read that. It'll explain it best for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
DSI stands for Divertless Supersonic Intakes, the only plane before FC-1 to have DSI is the JSF/F-35. The bumps seen at the intakes are litterally called Bumps. At high aircraft speeds through supersonic, the bumps work with forward-swept inlet cowls to redirect unwanted boundary layer airflow away from the inlets, essentially doing the job of heavier, more complex, and more costly approaches used by current fighters. It proved to save significant weight, reduce RCS by concealing the engine's fans which generate most of the RCS when searching from the front. It improves performances both when supersonic and subsonic. The DSI bump functions as a compression surface and creates a pressure distribution that prevents the majority of the boundary layer air from entering the inlet at speeds up to Mach 2. In essence, the DSI does away with complex and heavy mechanical systems.

Basically improves airflow, reduce weight, make space for a area that could be essentially very useful, reduce RCS and reduce manufacturing costs.

Here is a pic for DSI

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join