It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire London Underground Network Closed

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It is being reported that the entire London underground closed after numerous explosions at different stations.

Anyone else get anything. I cant get the BBC site at the moment or Reuters.

ON the TV news it is being reported as above. A 'Major incident'

[edit on 7/7/05 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
BBC

Sanc'.

JAK

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I know the link - I have a live feed on my browser.

But cannot conntect there or reuters, can you?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yeah, sorry about quote size,

Several people have been injured after explosions blamed on a power surge led to the whole London Underground network being closed down.
British Transport Police said some of the power surges had caused explosions.

Surges took place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations.

A spokesman said there were "walking wounded" at Liverpool Street station but one person's life was reported to be "at risk".

London Fire Brigade said four crews were at Liverpool Street and more were on their way.

A British Transport Police spokesman said that emergency services were dealing with reports of an explosion at 0849 BST on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate.

One passenger, who had left the Tube at Fenchurch Street Station, and walked to Aldgate East, told BBC Five Live that he saw injured people.

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke. There were about three or four people on the floor being treated."

Eyewitness Paul Woloszyn from BBC News, who was at Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line, said: ""We were told there was a bomb at Liverpool Street station.

"I was on the Tube, and they stopped the train and told everyone to get off an evacuated the station."

He said staff had said the entire Tube network had been affected, and leaflets had been handed out with details of alternative bus routes.

Another eyewitness, Dorothy Molloy, had been on a Tube train at King's Cross and said "staff just chucked everyone out of the station".

She said staff there had not given any details, but she said two passengers she had spoken to had said they had received messages saying there had been bombs.

"People didn't really know what was going on, they were just huffing and puffing and saying how annoying it was," she said.

"People don't seem to be panicked, but there's so many police and ambulances coming into the areas. People are just concerned, and some are just annoyed at the delay."

JAK

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
ATSNN Article Here.

Please add comments here

[edit on 7/7/05 by JAK]

top topics

join