It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

skycar coming out in 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
does anyone know of any other skycar being devloped besides the moeller 400. Thanks

-Pete Pendelton

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Where did you hear it was coming out in 2006?

www.moller.com...

In Mollers last news release he doesn't mention a release date just an update for the test lake they plan to do untethered test flights over.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
And after decades of science-fiction stories, skycars will finally be there.

These will let us travel "when and where but especially how we wish", according to Mark Moore, personal air vehicle sector manager for NASA's Vehicle Systems Program.
NASA's area of focus is a skycar (or personal air vehicle -- PAV) designed not for getting about the city, but for travelling at high speeds for distances of between 160kms to 800kms. That would allow people to live in regional areas and commute into urban airfields for work.
Over the next decade Moore expects to see flying cars priced at less than US$100,000 using automated functionality based on NASA's EquiPT (Easy-to-use, quiet Personal Transportation) technology set.
Moore says an obstacle to PAVs has been the intensity of training required to fly them, so automation is critical. The goal is to have the vehicle controlled by a computerised brain that senses and responds to weather conditions or other crafts in the vicinity, and compensates for technical failures. And did you know you could order a skycar today? Moller International, based in California, is developing the M400 Skycar and hopes it will be certified by 2006. And you can purchase a 4-passenger Skycar today for a cool $995,000!

www.primidi.com... (Hope this works dont know how to post a link)

[edit on 6-7-2005 by PetePendelton]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We'll see.
Tests like this have to be carried out very very carefully, Moller has never taken any of his vehicles on untethered tests and above the ground effect region, seems way optimistic IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised if they released a new date soon like say 2007-08 for the Million Dollar version and ramp up production after that and design some new models etc. I agree it's getting close to make or break time for him.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
No idea... Sorry... Nice plane thoug...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I will believe it when I see one fly overhead, I doubt it will happen until 2010 or so

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It will not happen, at all. This flight of fancy has been around for a very long time indeed and the only people who believe sky cars are coming, let alone in 2006, are extremely gullible.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't believe we will see skycars (at least in next 20 years). Maybe small family airships (the airships are much easier, safer and cheaper to fly).

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
maybe but i highly doubt it will happen. I've seen that thing around for so many years its funny sorta like the jetpack idea. also the thing would have a very small market considering what is needed in order to keep it running. say hello hollywood. maybe tom cruise will get it or travolta but me ? hell ill stick to planes unless someone gives one to me for free.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
maybe but i highly doubt it will happen. I've seen that thing around for so many years its funny sorta like the jetpack idea. also the thing would have a very small market considering what is needed in order to keep it running. say hello hollywood. maybe tom cruise will get it or travolta but me ? hell ill stick to planes unless someone gives one to me for free.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It has been out for a long time check out firebox.

Posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

switchblade

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
holy i dont think the guy even wants to put the thing past a hover he is scared its goin to fall out of the sky. been hovering since 2001 is it? long time for very little to be done as it seems to me. am i wrong in the openion?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
He can’t do more than hover, the FAA wont let him fly it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't fly that thing if it were handed to me for free.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

join