It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Aurora Pilots stay alive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There is enough evidance (I think
) to prove that Aurora is in existance, but how do the pilots survive travel at Mach 8? by the conventional way of traveling the human body should not be able to take that kind of punishment, and a G suit I don't think would work at all. I have a far fetched theory that there is a controll pod inside this aircraft surounded by a Vacuum to enable the pilots to lessen the effect of travel at that speed. Any Ideas?????

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you reach that speed. G-forces measure rate of acceleration, not speed.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The G-Suits makes human much more tolerant to G-forces.. and pilot position also has a great affect on that.. some can tolarate even 12 G:s and "Aurora".. I WANT TO HAVE MY FACTS AND REAL PICS OF IT!

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft

It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you reach that speed. G-forces measure rate of acceleration, not speed.

Indeed.
Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that the SR-71 making a 90 degree turn at full speed, had to cross THREE states to make the turn

At those speeds it is almost impossible to make any hard manouvers, it will either kill the pilot, or destroy the airframe

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft

This would be spot-on.

For example, speeds much greater than Mach 8 don't turn the astronauts to jelly when they re-enter.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Indeed, it is possible to survive extreme speeds, so long as your are protected by an airframe that remains intact. It is perfectly feasible to survive speeds in excess of mach 25, as the Space Shuttle crews do on a regular basis, as they rarely exceed 3 Gs.

G Suits do not in themselves do much to "protect" a crew member from G Forces. Their main function is to prevent a pilot from loosing consciousness in a high G maneuver. In dogfighting at normal transsonic velocities, pilots routinely exceed 10 Gs, and the danger lies in all the blood in thier bodies being pulled downward into thier legs. The resulting oxygen deprivation will cause a pilot to black out, and thereby loose control.

The G Suits are basically jump suits with inflatable bladders around the legs and lower abdomen that automatically inflate in high G loads, and force the blood back into the upper body and head.

I have read some articles concerning experimental uses of water/fluid filled G couches that pivot to different orientations to lessen the directional G forces on a pilot. The water filled couches completely enclose the pilot, and completely support his/her body in all axis of strain, thereby significantly increasing his/her survivability at extreme high Gs.

Of interest is the fact that the Magneto Hydrodynamic Propulsion systems used in the X Craft will likely require less sophisticated G force protection for the crew, as it appears as a function of its propulsion system, all internal inertia of the vehicle is dampened and the crew would feel NO G forces whatsoever.

LaViolette said that Brown's research showed that, like the charged plates of his capacitors, these ion clouds induced a gravitational force directed in the minus to plus direction. In short, a gravitational well formed ahead of the disc which pulled the craft, while a gravitational hill formed behind the craft and pushed it. As the disc moved forward in response to its self-generated gravity field, it would carry with it its positive and negative ion clouds and their associated electrogravity gradient. The discs in effect would ride their advancing gravity wave much like surfers ride an ocean wave, LaViolette said.

The occupants of one of the saucers, if there were occupants, would feel no stress at all no matter how sharp the turn or how great the acceleration, LaViolette said. This was because the ship and is occupants and the load are all responding equally to the wavelike distortion of the local grsharp the turn or h

Brown by 1952 had put together a proposal, code named ``Project Winterhaven,'' LaViolette said, which suggested that the military develop an antigravity combat saucer with Mach 3 capability. As early as 1954, according to a report prepared by the private aviation intelligence firm Aviation Studies International Ltd., the Air Force had begun plans to fund research that would accomplish Project Winterhaven's objectives.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
G-FORCE SIMPLY NOT OCCURS ANYWAY...

SPACE SHUTTLE OR LAUNCHER MUST HAVE A SPEED OF 28 000 KM/H TO GO OUTTA ATMOSPHERE. AND ASTRONAUTS SURVIVE.

AURORA EVEN DOESN'T HAVE TO GO AT SUCH A SPEED BECAUSE THE AURORA TAKE-OFF WITH A VTOL POWERED BY A MHD MAGNETIC FIELD.

iN SPACE, G-FORCE DONT EXIST...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know. Even with the suits, such speeds seem impossible for the pilots to remain conscious. Maybe the Aurora flies itslelf when the pilot blacks out. I have no doubt that the plane exists. An AF buddy of mine bragged about working on it when he was drunk several years ago.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You could have figured this out yourself, surely?

See if you can find out yourself how fast the Earth is moving through space.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Sure I can easilly find out how fast Earth revolves on a simple Google search.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sorry, that was aimed at the original question, not your point.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Well, actually, Nans, it does.

Even at LEO (Low Earth Orbit) where the Shuttle and the Station hangs out there is enough gravity acting to have to be compensated for. That is why the ISS (International Space Station), when maintaining attitude with CMG (control moment gyros) flies a TEA (torque equivalent attitude). Because at LEO there is enough 1.) gravity and 2.) drag that they can play each of these off each other in a total orbit to minimize the net torque which must be handled via the CMGs.

But that little situation aside, g's are a measure of acceleration, so it doesn't matter if you are in an environment that is being measurably affected by a planet's gravity, you still can experience g's due to the acceleration of the vehicle you are in.

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nans,

Indeed, the laws of physics indicates that any sudden/significant change in trajectory or velocity will impart significant acceleration/deceleration forces on a body, even if in orbit and in a microgravity/zero gravity environment.

However, you are absolutely correct (as I posted previously) MHD drives take care of that significant problem.

don't know. Even with the suits, such speeds seem impossible for the pilots to remain conscious. Maybe the Aurora flies itslelf when the pilot blacks out. I have no doubt that the plane exists. Posted by Freddie

Please refer to the previous posts... only the ACCELERATION causes the G forces, not a constant (albeit high) speed.

Also, keep in mind that the human body is rather resilient. It is possible to survive up to 50 Gs in unprotected conditions, as proven at Edwards AFB on test subjects.

They were required to see a run with another trained human, usually myself, and volunteer for the proof run of 20 G's on an Edwards Air Force Base sled. And they were required to give a careful detailed report and interrogation after the experiment. They were carefully prepared. All usual medical measurements were made on them and recorded before the run, and then the same measurements were repeated after the run.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
"How do Aurora Pilots stay alive? "

they rend and consume the flesh of the dead.
they suck the atmosphere for catalyst.
they don't talk about "it".

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

SPACE SHUTTLE OR LAUNCHER MUST HAVE A SPEED OF 28 000 KM/H TO GO OUTTA ATMOSPHERE. AND ASTRONAUTS SURVIVE.

AURORA EVEN DOESN'T HAVE TO GO AT SUCH A SPEED BECAUSE THE AURORA TAKE-OFF WITH A VTOL POWERED BY A MHD MAGNETIC FIELD.

You're confusing g-forces with gravity.

Gravity does exist in space, you just don't feel it. Gravity is what keeps all the planets in orbit. You don't feel it because gravity is pulling everything around you at the same rate it's pulling you.

G-forces you do feel. They measure the rate you accelerate or decelerate.

Pretend you're driving a car. You come to a stoplight and stop. You feel your body being pushed forward a little bit as you slow down. That's g-force.

Now pretend you have to stop quickly. Your body is thrown against the seatbelt, and your groceries in the passenger seat all fall on the floor. You were going the same speed as you were the first time you stopped, but this time you felt the g-forces more because you stopped faster.

Does this help?

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Also, keep in mind that the human body is rather resilient. It is possible to survive up to 50 Gs in unprotected conditions, as proven at Edwards AFB on test subjects.

Yes, if you design such that the g-forces are acting at the c.g. of the body, the survived magnitude can be pretty high.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I think there is a point to the fact that the Aurora goes really fast and that probably inducing more G-Forces. Suppose the Aurora hits some turbulence at Mach 8 and the nose comes up somewhat, thereby greatly increasing drag but also lift. The result will probably range into the 3-4 regime quite fast. But surely the thing will have computer stabilization.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Surely guys you must be aware of the USAF program of remote control. The next generation of pilots will sit at a computer and operate the aircraft by remote. This is happening now. So G force etc. is not even in the equation for Aurora except on wing loadings and airframe strength.
Pilots around the world hate the very thought of this but it is going to happen. Already commercial pilots can press a button and an aircraft (e.g. 737-400) will take off and then locate the navigational beacons all the way to the destination with out further input. ergo maximum effeciency of fuel and at $53 a barrel who can blame them. Off cause this all needs programming into the navigational computers by a human pilot. They can even land if the pilots let that happen but there are to many unknowns as yet to allow that to occur and most captains always take over on final descent.
Christ even my Mercedes automatically brakes if I am too close to the car in front! This technology is here.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No "aurora pilot" has ever even exceeded mach 1; since "aurora" was the project name for the B2.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
yes, I concurr that the B-2 is the Aurora, although their maybe a rcon version of the B-2.. If the supposedd aurora did exist, I wouldnt be suprised if it didnt need a pilot and was a UAV.

Now what were those lasers over Afghanistan on 9/11 about?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join