It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: London To Host The 2012 Olympics!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hannah
nice to have the olympics somewhere near, and congrats to the brits

Originally posted by paperclip
Hopefully by the year 2012, such petty things like ultra-nationalist and overly patriotic bickering will be eradicated, people will stop bashing entire nations because of one politician who is not much liked at home either and we will all be able to properly enjoy the games.

so true...the amount of almost rassistic nonsense on this board is really sick. no matter if it's the "average" member, council members or even .. you know who.

"the french are all a-*****"

"the EU, the french, all whiners..blabla"

etc. etc. etc.

almost every day i read on this board, it's always the same, and a good reason to stay away from this nonsense...all the hate towards a whole nation, with all the millions of citizens that did not choose to be born there, and obviously do not even support every thing their politicians say.... fantastic job of denying ignorance.....

Amen, I've become rather sick of the anti French/EU nonsense I hear everyday. Chirac is one man...you people condemn a nation. Its no different than people who condemn all Americans because of Bush's actions.

I bet if Chirac had supported the US war in Iraq you'd all love him, no matter what he said. If France had supported the war and Britain hadn't you people would have been nodding your little nationalistic heads in support of Chirac's comments.."yup, yup, that's all Britain is good for mad cow, yup, yup". American ATSers need to look at their own damn country before focusing on every little aspect of the French. Hell, same with the French. Same with everyone.

While I'm at it...there's a billion people in China. Stop talking about how you want to kill them all because "their a bunch o' commies". Separate the government from the people.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Congratulations to all the Londoners for winning the 2012 International Special Olympics!

Seriously, congrats to the Brits for landing the Five Rings for London.
Have fun spending all your money and construction/traffic delays for the next 7 years.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Way to go London. To be fair, though, it would of been just as good in Paris I'm sure. They're both first world destinations/countries - depending on which side of the channel you're from - but with fantastic working infrastructure. Would it have come down to food??? Next time, Paris!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think it's fantastic that we are hosting the Olympics, but I think it's a crying shame that most people have suddenly forgotten Live 8 and the G8 summit which is taking place.

I think it's sad that flipping through a dozen news stations/programs I had to go to CNN to find any news on the G8.

I think it's a shame that up until yesterday everyone was supposedly thinking about the African people and the Live 8 concert and now it's all forgotten at this important time.
I can understand that this story is the main one for today, but if this masks everything highlighted in the G8 over the days to come then that's wrong.

Apparantly, according to Matrix, Bush was talking about Global warming and how we have increased it several fold, but I can't find a story on it. I think that is pretty important and I just hope that the people in Africa we were all so concerned about a day or two ago won't be swept back under the carpet with all the other serious problems like that.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join