It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The queen and Ratzinger at war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The credibility of this leaves much to be desired as i heard it from some guy in stanley park at liek 3 in the morning. Apparently the new pope has denounced gay marriage and is totally opposed to elton john. Well the queen apparently anounced in public that she supports gay marriage and is defending elton johns stand right. Well heres where its gets messy. In theory the queen can use the entire judicial system under her to wreak havoc on anyone right? So what happens when the two biggest figureheads of organizations get in a duel like this will the queen be abolished by the pope, will there be civil war, is it possible that maybe canada is gonna get dragged into a giant war over something like this?

I Still haven't really looked into this whole subject as of yet but im skeptical because it was told to me by some guy claiming that the queen pays his family and stuff. Anyway any feedback would be cool i am really busy and you guys on this site are the best reporter/researchers ever so good luck.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What are you on about? War over gay Marriage? Let the poofs fight then, as I won't be signing up....(I don't disagree with it, just won't go to war over it
)

Anyway, the Queen is Head of the Church of England and as a result has always been at odds (historically) with the Pope.

What this has to do with Canada (aprat from Her Maj being the "nominal" head of state for you guys) I do not know.

So what happens when the two biggest figureheads of organizations get in a duel like this will the queen be abolished by the pope,

How can the Pope abolish the Queen? I would love to see him try.....

[edit on 3/7/05 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't think the Queen is Catholic so I doubt she worries too much about not agreeing with the Pope. Probably not much more than Bush worries about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That's perhaps the big point here...

The Queen isn't Catholic.

In fact, if any Royal offspring converts to Catholicism, or marries a Catholic, they automatically lose any right to the throne.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The Pope and the Queen of England in a disagreement over gay rights?

I really don't think that too many will be looking to either for their 'cue' on this issue.

I see Spain (a country one might think of as pretty Roman Catholic) has just agreed a law on gay partner rights (although whether this is actually 'gay marriage' as it has been characterised I don't know).

Seems like the world is just moving on with the work of ensuring all people have equal rights regardless of their sexuality or what the religious fundamentalists say.

IMO good job too.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well if there is no war between them there will certainly be a lot of entertainment to be observed by the quarrel of opinions by the two sides.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Both will step down when the time is Right!

IX
helen

Yeh, I know short post but for now it will have to be ....

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Both will step down when the time is Right!

And what would be the right time? IMHO I think the new pope is the long awaited antichrist and it only makes sense he would get in an argument with an authority figure like the queen. anyway i don't really care too much but the pope is definatly not the nice guy he says he is especially after the fact that all that sexual harrasment of little boys by priests thing. Ratzinger was the one who got the gag orders and media silence on the subject approved. Something tells me the new pope is going to be a handfull.

My one question now is simply this...........What is the most likely outcome of the pope and the queen being at odds with eachother over gay marriage and such things? Will there be anything insane going on.... I think so, for crying out loud the ones in here that dismiss this as a pointless topic because i have less points than them or what not just remember it's not the queen and the pope that go to war it's there followers am I right?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is what I'm perhaps not getting though...

Why would a non-Catholic leader (the Queen) even entertain the policies and decisions of a Catholic figurehead?

The British Monarchy ain't Catholic.

And though most Brits identify as Christian, the majority further define themselves as Church of England/other Protestant.

Not Catholic.

So...I'm missing the part where the Queen would actually give a flying feck about the Pope's opinions?

new topics

top topics

join