It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problems with bible prophecy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a great deal of prophecies are written in isiah, which bible cheerleaders would have you believe they show the life of jesus. there were others that wrote prophecies and altogther there is believed to be about 100 altogether that fortell the coming of the mesiah or the jewish people. the main problem with all these prophecies is that they cannot be proven. the reason for this is that the so-called prophecies only come true when they are written in the four gospels, of which are not credible, as they were written decades after jesus died. you have to keep in mind that matthew, mark, luke and john were not eye-witness accounts, they never met jesus, and would have been lucky to meet anyone that did, so we can gather all they wrote were stories passed down. mark was the first to be written and the other 3 are mere copies, with slight alterations of how they thought was the true life of christ. having four documents showing the devine life of christ in the 4th century may have led people to believe it must be true, however now these four documents contradict one another in many places and show the true incoherant word of the 'men' that wrote this non-devine, non-god inspired book.

so lets look at some of these prophecies... born of a virgin, decendent of abraham, of the house of david, born in bethlehem, taken to egypt, anointed by the holy spirit, would perform miracles, would preach good news, be a minister in galilee, enter jerusalem on a donkey, be rejected by jews, die of a humiliating death, betrayed by a friend, would rise from the dead, ascend to heaven, would sit on the right hand of god...

most of these come from acts, isiah, samuel, genesis etc. the only proof any of these came true are in the accounts of matthew, mark, luke and john. on the surface if you look at the old testament, then look at the new testament it looks like this book is set apart from most other holy books. however, almost all holy books have prophecies written about their messiahs that supposedly came true.

certain prophecies like the virgin birth, one of the major doctrines of the christian belief, about 30% do not believe this part of their religion. enter jerusalem on a donkey?...well it isn't exactly going to be a car. raise from the dead, ascend to heaven, sit with god...i'd like to see some proof of those, or actually any of the prophecies. oh wait...there is absolutly no credible proof whatsoever, just hearsay, fabricated documents written by people that never knew jesus and never met him. for the propehcies to have come true, and actually be credible then the four gospels have to also be as well, yet as they were written by people that never knew jesus, they are mere copies of 'mark' then no they are not credible and nor are the supposed 'messianic prophecies' that came true.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You cant take any bible prophecy or anything in the bible in anyway for truth.
SOme Christian may probably use some words in it to proof some mass event like the tsunami or 9/11 but there is not substinance for it

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
all i have to say is wait and see...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
shaunybaby....Yes there are lots of Prophecies concerning the coming of the Messiah....

“Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms” (Luke 24:44).
Belief in the Messiah is the very cornerstone of both Christianity and Judaism. Where they differ is in the identity of the Messiah.
Christianity is founded upon the belief that Jesus is the Messiah. It is upon this confession that the church is built (Matthew 16:18).

The Lord promised Moses that he would send another prophet, who is likened to Moses, to declare his word.
The Torah pronounces judgement on anyone who fails to listen to this prophet: “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers.
You must listen to him” (Deut. 18:15).
The Lord said to me (Moses): “I will put my words in his (the Messiah’s) mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the Prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account” (Deut. 18:18).
The Apostle Peter quoted this verse as follows: “Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from among his people” (Acts 3:23).
www.messianicgoodnews.org...

And also other prophecies .......quote///
Moses and Aaron are examples of God’s revelations to the prophets. God sent to a very reticent Moses, his brother Aaron as an intermediary. Being inarticulate, Moses’s bafflement as to how he would expound God’s will to the people was answered by the Lord: “Thou (Moses) shalt speak unto him (Aaron) and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.
And he shall be the spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God” (Exodus 4:15-16).
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

* Introduction
* Survey of the Messianic Prophecies
* The Prophecies in the Books of Moses
* The Prophecies of King David
* The Prophecies of Isaiah
* The Suffering Messiah
* The Resurrection of the Messiah
* The Prophecies of Daniel
* Prophesies of the “Lesser” Prophets
* Awaiting the Coming of the Messiah
* The Fulfillment of the Old Testament Prophecies