It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transonic Condensation Clouds photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There have been a few pictures posted here in the past of aircraft showing what was claimed to be a sonic boom cloud. Some members on the board have claimed they were fakes as the aircraft in the photos were not capable of supersonic speeds and others on the board correctly pointed out that they were condensation clouds.

The site below has several photographs of aircraft exhibiting the phenomena they refer to as transonic condensation clouds. The photos on the site are much larger than the ones I posted but should still be OK for dial-up users.

chamorrobible.org...

There are several pages of photographs and if you scroll to the bottom of the main page, you'll see a few more good ones.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Great pics. I love seeing those pics. I ALMOST got an amazing one, but right as I was trying to focus the batteries in my camera died. It was during an airshow last year, with the Blue Angels flying. One of the solo birds came screaming in from the mountains, on an overcast day, and was totally surrounded by the cloud. I was pissed when my batteries died.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
They are not fake, its happens when the speed and atmospheric condition are right. I have seen F-14 footage when it was doing a fly by and as it was going into the transonic region and as it swept back its wings a circular cloud briefly formed around it for a few seconds.

And here is a link that explains why and how a condensation cloud occurs.

Now you notice that most of the planes in our pictures are navy planes, there is more water vapor over an ocean and the more likely that a condensation cloud will occur.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A topic from roughly two months ago may be of interest being it is also closely related to this topic.
Question on "smoking" aircrafts

Alos one from 2003:
B2 - Photo of electro-gravitic field kicking in

As such, I believe that the transonic condensation clouds are called the Prandtl-Glauert Condensation Clouds.

Good subject matter though.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Found somemore interesting photos of aircraft and the Prandtl-Glauert condensation clouds:
external image

seekerof

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Beautiful pictures! I don't suppose anyone is going to try and claim that Orion is going through the sound barrier?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Via chamorrobible.org... (given in the first post) is this one:
chamorrobible.org...

In the upper left corner of the last photo (September 14, 2005; USN Blue Angels F/A-18 Hornet with a Prandtl-Glauert cloud) is a puzzling "something" that perhaps a reader can explain. While somewhat visible in the photo on that page, click on it or any of the associated links (e.g., chamorrobible.org...) to see larger images. Here's one of the images:

See the circular "something" in the upper left corner? What is it? Is it a cloud or ballon? Another jet with a Prandtl-Glauert cloud?

To get a really close look see the original photo, which is huge:

www.news.navy.mil... from www.news.navy.mil...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepSecrets
See the circular "something" in the upper left corner? What is it? Is it a cloud or ballon? Another jet with a Prandtl-Glauert cloud?

Could it be smoke from a fire behind the line of trees?

Sanc'.

top topics

join