It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we wish to be alone in the universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
as much as i like to see other species from outer space, we can never be sure if intelligent species are hostile or benign. even if they are benign we may go against them for competition for resources as it is humanity's survival. space is vast, but just like earth wen the population grows it tends to get crowded. in anicase we should be the aliens to the galaxy and colonize and just enjoy being the supreme beings over plants and animals.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I doubt they could be any more hostile than we are. They're probably scared to death of us. Hence not landing in Time Square.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We can never be sure of anything, it is called Life. So we take each Alien Species the same way, one being at a time.

I do not think we will ever loose Conflict, if we cannot communicate for example it will happen, but on a Universal Stage I would think it would be less. Think of it this way, the Earth is finite, it has limits, x amount of anything. The Universe is Infinite, so far, and so the idea of conflict over resources is probably something only those limited to a single Planet have to worry about.

And it is not like we get to make a choice, not really. We are not alone, and sooner or later we will have to face that.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My belief in aliens and many peoples belief in god shows we do not wish to be alone in the universe. When you add all the believers in aliens with all the religious peoples, that believe in a deity of some kind, around the world I'd say the answer would probably end up pretty load and clear.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I truly hope that we are not alone.
I also hope that disclosure on a massive scale occurs quickly.
I have no concern for the fear and "what may happen".
It is something that must happen someday and I don't think there is a better time than now.
The intelligence and ingenuity of the world leaders existing today is at an all time low. Without a system for control or with a disrupted system they are unable to function.
Now is a very opportune time for ET beings to make themselves known and shake our civilization up a little.
We are in great need of course correction. At the moment our leaders don't even seem aware of the compass. If some of you know what I mean.
Just my humble opinion.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by freddieb]

new topics

top topics

join