It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. accused of killing three Iraqi Journalists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Has anyone heard this from any other news sources? Its not that I don't believe this is a credible news source, I'm sure it is, I am just wondering if its being reported in what is considered the mainstreet news in the USA. Also anyone from other countries have you heard about this?

www.democracynow.org.../06/29/1433255

U.S. Accused of Killing Three Iraqi Journalists
In Iraq, U.S. troops have killed as many as three Iraqi journalists over the past week. Reporters Without Borders have called for an investigation into the shooting death of the program director for al-Sharqiya television. He was shot dead on Tuesday while driving near a U.S. convoy. On Sunday, a news editor with a local Baghdad TV channel was shot dead by U.S. troops in the capital. And on Friday, an Iraqi reporter working for an American news organization was shot and killed in Baghdad, allegedly by U.S. troops. The U.S. military has not confirmed any of the killings. According to the Committee to Protect Journalists, at least 45 journalists and 20 media support workers have been killed while covering the war in Iraq.

join