It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Ivan's loop-the-loop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That's one thing that's been bugging me a little bit about Ivan, from last year. Do hurricanes usually do a little loop-the-loop? And the most memorable thing about Ivan, for me (an Ohio resident), is the fact that it went through North America, back out into the Atlantic, and made landfall again, but as a tropical storm.

I was reading something about that on the Cloak and Dagger site. I thought it was a bit weird at the time but just shrugged it off.

Thoughts?

I also saw a map of Florida, colored red and blue (for the counties that were Republican/Democrat). The paths of Charley, Frances, and Ivan were through red counties...blue counties didn't get a direct hit (though obviously the felt the effects of these hurricanes). I found that interesting.

Source--Hurricane Paths

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hurricane Elena in 1985 stalled just off the coast of Tampa, Florida. It actually made three loops before moving off. It's not unusual for hurricanes to do this. Check out this picture of Gordon from 1994 :

That is interesting about the Red/Blue counties. Considering that only 25% of Florida's counties voted blue (and the tendency for them to be located together), it seems mathematically possible. If Hurricane Charley had continued its original projected course right up Tampa Bay, it would have smashed the blue counties of Pinellas, Pasco, and Hernando. Maybe the Democrats there have weather control.

p.s. I just noticed the map leaves off Hurricane Jeanne. It hit the blue counties on the Atlantic coast and the Tampa Bay area. So that theory is untrue when you consider all the information.

[edit on 6/29/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
With the current stopped going to europe the heat stays more down by america so maybe this year or next will have good hurricanes

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
With the current stopped going to europe the heat stays more down by america so maybe this year or next will have good hurricanes

I know that "global warming" or whatever has effected the ocean currents somewhat, but missed the part about the being stopped..
do you have a link to this.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thats funny, maybe the hurricane got drunk.

Ok, hmour aside, that is weird, but I'm thinking its just one of those natural things that happens that seems weird.

join