It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How real was the Jordanian Terror Attack Plot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Most of the more right wing radio commentators are hyping the Jordanian terrorist plot originating in Syria, since, supposedly there is a trial going on about this in Jordan right now. I seem to remember this in USA Today or CNN, a year or two ago, but I have heard nothing since.

First, what are the facts? Did it originate in Syria? Were they Al-Qaeda? Do they profess to have been trained in Iraq or Afganistan? Did they have 20 tons of VX nerve gas?

I cannot totally trust news sorces such as newsmax or freerepublic, and, if used as a qoute, totally dismiss me in the eyes of the more left wing persons around. I'd like real facts, and not conjecture or spin on this, right or left.

[edit on 6/28/2005 by soulforge]

[edit on 6/28/2005 by soulforge]

cjf

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If the possible event(s) you are mentioning occurred prior to April 2004 reports, there is quite a bit of information concerning plot and sources available. Here are some background reports from April 2004 concerning the thwarted plot in Amman, (again, if this is the event in question):

NPR radio broadcast April 2004 (link)

The Associated Press
Updated: 10:16 a.m. ET April 18, 2004
AMMAN, Jordan - An al-Qaida-linked terrorist cell recently dismantled in Jordan was plotting to detonate a chemical bomb capable of killing thousands of people and to attack the U.S. Embassy and prime minister’s office with poison gas, officials Saturday.
Link ot above full article

Monday, April 26, 2004 Posted: 3:54 PM EDT (1954 GMT)
AMMAN, Jordan (CNN) -- Jordanian authorities said Monday they have broken up an alleged al Qaeda plot that would have unleashed a deadly cloud of chemicals in the heart of Jordan's capital, Amman.
Link to above full article

AMMAN, Jordan, April 27, 2004
(AP) State television aired the confession of a suspect who said he was acting on the orders of a man believed to be al Qaeda's chief of operations in Iraq to plan chemical and poison gas attacks against the U.S. Embassy and other targets in Jordan.
Link to above full article

join