It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Problem!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
OK my Pc has been really slow for a while now and I was going to reboot it. So when I did, I had to uninstall XP Service Pack 2 because the reinstallation disc was using Service Pack 1. When I uninstalled SP2 it said "if you uninstall it some programs may not work" Yet, thinking I was going to reinstall the programs anyway I continued the uninstallation. So then the reboot was running and it said "do you want to reinstall windows or repair it?" Thinking that the repair option would fix whatever was slowing down my PC i clicked it. So when the thing was done it brought me back to my old desktop and now my internet doesn't work!!! It says its connected but firefox says it cant find any sites. Also the programs that I was told might not work after I removed SP2 dont work!!!

Will this all be fixed if I reinstall Service Pack 2??? Im downloading it now at my grandparents house but their connection is really slow and will need another 75 hours!!!!

If so could someone PLEASE download it and email it to me???
My address is [email protected]

Please Please Please someone help!!! BTW its a Dell just to tell you.
Please!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well thats always the best thing to do. Make everything as close to the way it was when it DID work. You can order a CD of SP2, for free, from here if you think it'd be faster than downloading it. Is it just Firefox and other web browsers? Or can other things access the web, like IM programs or games?

BTW, its around 200mb if I recall, nobody would be able to email that to a Yahoo acount. I think they only allow 10mb attachments, anyways.

[edit on 6-29-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Its ok now. After a series of unfortunate events I re-booteed it. Thanks Dreamland....the only one around here who listens to me...................

[edit on 1/7/05 by Atomix]

[edit on 1/7/05 by Atomix]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
[post deleted... it was unnecessary on my part. sorry.]

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 7/1/05 by prophetmike]

top topics

join