It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Hutchison's Rock Powered Unlimited Battery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
My main point of this post is to try figure out how this battery works, and if anyone here can build one!
John Hutchison is the one responsible for the 'hutchison effect', he also came up with a battery that uses the small potential present in some rocks and chemicals. If you are interested in this have a read of his article here www.hutchisoneffect.com... the part of importance being the end where the "dirt cheap" battery is described. If you are still interested, watch this video where he actually makes one... www.hutchisoneffect.com...

I am really intrigued by this battery, even if it is only powerful enough to run an LED, the fact that it will never stop is amazing. I've done a fair bit of research into it, and I'd like your help and maybe we can piece the puzzle together?

As far as I know, this is the process to make one of these batteries:

First we need basalt rocks with "exotic silicates" in it, these are then crushed up and mixed with a white powder( it is believed to be barium titanate) and then put in a metal tube (gillete shaving cream can), other chemicals may be mixed in, but I think that is all that is used ? a rod is placed in the center, and the whole thing is cooked into a solid. While it is cooling a high voltage is applied to it, i guess to polarize the device? , and it will then go on producing electricity "forever".

It seems this device is based off Townsend Brown's discovery that some rocks have an electric self-potential. more about this can be read here www.soteria.com...

I would definately be trying to build one of these batteries using the above method, but I dont have access to barium titanate or something to produce a high voltage (~2000V). Maybe some more privelaged people here can help with this, I hope we can figure out this device, not because i want to steal or profit from it, but because im interested, it looks like its going to be a long time before Mr Hutchison releases it.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
www.reade.com... may have BT for you.

I would love to make one of these, but not knowing all of the ingredients needed dampers my motivation.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Maybe we can make a web-site project to make one of these to see if it can be done and do some testing.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This sounds like an electret capacitor setup. If you can get ahold of teflon and heat it to melting, then let it cool with high voltage connected, it will do the same thing. When you make this, it is advised to store completely inside aluminum foil. When you want to use it, put the electret between two plates and you've got power, it is pulsed tho and never runs out. Anyway's that's the layman terms of what to do. I haven't tried it yet ,though I have read somewhere (don't remember where) that it works. IMO, I think it may have to do with how far the material lies on the triboelectric series before the HV(+ or -) is applied.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sounds like a chemical powered or pre-charged capacitor.

With all that energy going in, assuming you get even 1% back it should run an LED for hundreds of years...but not forever, and certainly not for free with those chemicals, heating energy, and electrical voltage inputs.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
John Hutchison is a fraud, a compulsive liar and a con-man.
Hutchison has never been able to duplicate his results in a controled environment.

socialtech.ca...
www.skywise711.com...
actionskeptics.blogspot.com...
forums.randi.org...

These people can do the "Hutchison Effect" too:

www.youtube.com...
www.trailerparkscience.com...
youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join