It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Way back when people tried to reach the heavens God seperated the languages. This caused people to disagree with each other and start wars.

God never ever said anything of a specific way to worship him and had no specific things to do except believe in his son (John 3:16). (well before Jesus you needed to do some heavy praying cause he was not nice)

Jesus Never ever claimed any religion period-just worship the rightful father God Yahweh.
The Copycat Devil did a seperation and invented religions. This also seperated the people-but the people who believe in God. Religion wars with itself because it is man-made and is a seperation of the one way to worship God. The truth is just Follow 10 commandments and try to follow his sons teachings and pray alone at your bed (talk to God and he will listen).
Religion is the biggest seperation of man and biggest cause of war and nobody realizes it was man-made.

I just want to know what others think about this because this is what I understand and if you believe different than explain.
Thanks for reading my opinion and I hope to hear good thought out replies.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Jesus Christ is God...
QUOTE///For there are three that bear witness in Heaven:
the Father,
the Word,
and the Holy Spirit;
and these three are one.
And there are three that bear witness on earth:
the Spirit,
the water,
and the blood;
and these three agree as one” (1 John 5:6-8).

www.intratext.com...

Jesus Christ came to FULLFILL the Old Testament.......

Jesus Christ chose 12 Apostles......
As was in the Old Testament...................(Matt. 10:2-4; Mark 3:13-19; Luke 6:12-19).

Quote///Having spent the whole night in prayer on the mountain (in the opinion of the ancients — Mt. Tabor), praying undoubtedly about augmenting the Church He had established,
the Lord summons His disciples and chooses twelve from among them,
so that they would be constantly with Him,
and later, be able to give witness about Him.
They would be akin to leaders of the future twelve tribes of New Israel.
Choosing the Disciples..........
www.intratext.com...

It wasn't just an accident that Jesus Christ decided that twelve is a good number!
Read the above link for good explanation to the why "TWELVE" has a richer meaning.

quote///Wisdumb......
Jesus Never ever claimed any religion period-just worship the rightful father God Yahweh.
Actually Jesus Christ is not a RELIGION......He is God!
Yahweh is only mentioned in the Old Testament.........This name was first revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14. God declared himself to be "I AM THAT I AM" because Moses wanted to tell the Egyptians what name the Hebrew God is called. ......
In the New Testament........which is the NEW COVENANT/// the prophets pointed out, that they will be the times of a New Testament (Covenant) between God and people.
As we know, the Old Testament between God and Israel was concluded in the presence of Moses at Mount Sinai.
At that time, the Jews promised to fulfill the commandments written on the stone tablets, and they received the land, promised to Abraham (the Promised Land), as a reward from God.
Here is what is written about the New Covenant by the Prophet Jeremiah:

“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord,
that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt;
which my covenant they brake,
although I was an husband unto them,
saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days,
saith the Lord,
I will put my law in their inward parts,
and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall by my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour,
and every man his brother,
saying, Know the Lord; for they shall all know me,
from the least of them unto the greatest of them,
saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more” (Jer. 31:31-34).

The prophet Isaiah calls the New Covenant eternal: “Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David” (Is. 55:3, see Acts 13:34).

This is the Promise of The Saviour that is to come.....Jesus Christ.
Read more..........
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

War is brought on by the PEOPLE!
Not God........God has given man free will and He allows war to happen because it is man's choice.....not God's.

Man did not issue A RELIGIOUS BASED SYSTEM........God did from the beginning!

On the Priesthood.......
Following the example of the Old Testament Church, which had its high priest, priests, and Levites, the holy Apostles instituted bishops, priests, and deacons as the priesthood of the New Testament Christian Church. .......Therefore God instituted the Church.........What some men did later is stray away from the truth ...."The Church cannot be divided (1 Cor. 1:13), just as Christ Himself cannot be divided.........

St James said: ‘Faith apart from works is dead’ (James 2:26). St Paul, on the other hand, claimed that ‘a man is justified by faith apart from works of law’ (Rom.3:28).
Under the ‘works of law’ he meant the Old Testament rites and sacrifices which were no longer necessary after Christ’s sacrifice for the life of the world, Good deeds are necessary and essential, yet when separated from faith they do not in themselves save the human person : one is justified by faith, but a faith which is accompanied by moral life.

The first to refer to the Church as the body of Christ was St Paul: ‘For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body - Jews or Greeks, slaves or free - and all were made to drink of one Spirit...
Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it’ (1 Cor.12:13; 27).
Through the sacraments, and especially the sacrament of communion in the Body and Blood of Christ through the eucharistic bread and wine, we are united with Him and we become one body in Him: ‘Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread’ (1 Cor.10:17)
‘Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her, that He might sanctify her... that He might present the Church to Himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish’ (Eph.5:25-27).
(Eph.2:20)......foundation of the Apostles....etc
From apostolic times there existed in the Church a hierarchical priesthood: certain men chosen to celebrate the Eucharist and lead the people. The Book of Acts (6:6)
speaks of the election of seven deacons (Greek diakonos, ‘servant’, or ‘minister’) and their being set aside to serve.
The apostles founded Christian communities in the various cities of the Roman Empire where they preached and ordained bishops and presbyters to lead these communities.
For a bishop, as God’s steward, must be blameless’ (1 Tim.1:5-7).........to what happens today God only knows......
The sacrament of Baptism was instituted by Christ Himself: ‘Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit’ (Matt.28:19).
Without Babtism one cannot follow Christ for when one is babtised one dies in the old life and comes into a new spiritual life.....
Christ said to His apostles: ‘Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven’ (matt.18:18).
The power of ‘binding and loosing’, which was given to the apostles and through them to bishops and priests, is manifested in the absolution which the priest gives to the one who repents on behalf of God...........

I guess in th end only God truly knows the person and his works.........we can put on an act for people but we cannot hide from God.

IX
helen

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What spirit compelled you to come and say such things? That was not a good spirit.
Jesus is and always will be the very son of the father in heaven.
God isnt stupid enough to come down in a human form and call himself his own son.
That would make man confused and he is not a confusing God
You though.......are confused but I am done here so go believe the lies your mind hath filled with.
I by no means can change your mind or even get a slight point into it.

Blood? water? spirit? umm... can you say captain planet?

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
From Wisdumb///
QUOTE///Blood? water? spirit? umm... can you say captain planet?
CAPTAIN PLANET!

Revelation/1:8/ I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

“In the beginning was the Word” means that the Word is co-eternal to God. What’s more, Saint John explains further that in respect of His existence, the Word does not separate from God and consequently, It is One Essence to God and finally, he directly calls the Word God: “and the Word was God.”

www.intratext.com...

Revelation/1:11/ Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation/22:13 /I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
I am the Alpha and the Omega Rev. 1.8; 1.17-18; 21.6; 22.13

I am the root and the offspring of David,
the bright morning star Rev. 22.16

I AM........means .......that Jesus Christ is God who Was from the beginning....
Ex. 3.14
“I am that I am”,
and
the second response was Ex. 3.15
The Lord God of your fathers.

IX
helen

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Look just wait till one day you can ask god yourself and when you see him and his son on his right side of his throne.....well just wait cause seriously it doesnt matter as long as you keep to the 10 commandments

But anyways you brought us off topic the point is religion is a seperation of man and god and all we gotta do is believe in god not claim a religion.
Religions are like gangs-always warring because different idea's and it all derived from the devil.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Quote///Blood? water? spirit? umm...

Christ Himself spoke of this. He said of Himself: The Son of Man came … to give His life as a ransom for many (Matt. 20:28).
In the Epistle to the Hebrews we read: Christ is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance (Heb. 9:15).
And in the book of Apocalypse: Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by Thy Blood (Apoc. 5:9).
Ye were redeemed with the precious Blood of Christ, as a lamb without blemish and without spot, Who was foreordained before the foundation of the world (I Peter 1:19–20).
And in the Epistle to the Hebrews we read: Now once at the end of the world Christ hath appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself (Heb. 9:26).

Read more ....What Christ Accomplished on the Cross
by Hieromonk Damascene
www.orthodoxinfo.com...

IX helen.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
religion is a joke. how can anyone take it seriously? at one point in time people thought that the world was held up by zeus' shoulder. a popular belief was also that it was held on the back of an elephant. stories of virgin births. hang on...virgin births? oh yeah its true because its god. noah's ark? billions of animals on one boat...yeah no problem.

over time religion has tried to change with the times, aparently christians believe we coexisted with dinosaurs. i don't even think i need to wonder how lions, tigers etc existed with the likes of the t-rex, they'd be proper f**ked. and there are so many religions, all before each other, some that people don't even believe in now, yet they all claim there's is right. so laughable. idiots! what a joke!!!
:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's too bad that most people can not separate organized religion from spirituality. Why would said god advicate that any man be placed above another? This is what happens in a religious hierarchy (aka organized religion). Those with power will ALWAYS end up abusing that power.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb

Blood? water? spirit? umm... can you say captain planet?

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Wisdumb]

Wisdumb- Blood. Water. Spirit. The Blood is the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ that washes away our sins. Spirit is the Holy Spirit, that convicts us of our sins. Water is the water of baptism by which we consecrate our lives to God through Jesus Christ.

Without blood there is no forgiveness of sin. Hebrew 9:22
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come[the Holy Spirit], he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. John 16:8-11

12:13 For we were all baptized[by water] by one Spirit[the Holy Spirit] into one body--whether Jews
or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Without all three elements, blood, water & spirit, there is no forgiveness from sin and no eternal life.

Lightseeker

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
religion is a joke. how can anyone take it seriously? at one point in time people thought that the world was held up by zeus' shoulder. a popular belief was also that it was held on the back of an elephant. stories of virgin births. hang on...virgin births? oh yeah its true because its god. noah's ark? billions of animals on one boat...yeah no problem.

over time religion has tried to change with the times, aparently christians believe we coexisted with dinosaurs. i don't even think i need to wonder how lions, tigers etc existed with the likes of the t-rex, they'd be proper f**ked. and there are so many religions, all before each other, some that people don't even believe in now, yet they all claim there's is right. so laughable. idiots! what a joke!!!
:bnghd:

Yet even you can come to the truth that is before you, if you will try. Sadly, most people in your place decide that open rebellion against the truth is the only course.

Pauls words say it best

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

That was true then, and I do hope you can see how its true today from the bible POV.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

In ancient and modern times, wonderful ideas have been carried forward from one race to another. In ancient and in modern times, seeds of great truth and power have been cast abroad by the advancing tides of national life; but mark you, my friends, it has been always with a blast of war trumpets and with the march of embattled cohorts. Each idea had to be soaked in a deluge of blood. Each idea had to wade through the blood of millions of our fellow-beings. Each word of power had to be followed by the groans of millions, by the wails of orphans, by the tears of widows. This, in the main, other nations have taught; but India has for thousands of years peacefully existed. Here activity prevailed when even Greece did not exist, when Rome was not thought of, ,when the very fathers of the modern Europeans lived in the forests and painted themselves blue. Even earlier, when history has no record, and tradition dares not peer into the gloom of that intense past, even from then until now, ideas after ideas have marched out from her (India), but every word has been spoken with a blessing behind it and peace before it. We, of all nations of the world, have never been a conquering race, and that blessing is on our head, and therefore we live.

There was a time when at the sound of the march of big Greek battalions the earth trembled. Vanished from off the face of the earth,--gone is that ancient land of the Greeks. There was a time when the Roman Eagle floated over everything worth having in this world; everywhere Rome's power was felt and pressed on the head of humanity; the earth trembled at the name of Rome. But the Capitol Hiss is now a mass of ruins, the spider weaves its web where the Caesars ruled. There have been other nations equally glorious that have come and gone, living a few hours of exultant and exuberant dominance and of a wicked national life, and then vanished life ripples on the face of the waters.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
when we stand and watch, what this so-called 'god' has created, all we see is beauty and so on. that beautiful sea...i'd like to see you swim, yet you will be mauled by a shark, stung by a jelly fish, or perhaps drown in the waves...not so beautiful now. maybe a stroll on the plains of africa, where lions are present, so beautiful the surroundings, being hunted are you. killed and eaten, again, by one of god's beautiful creatures. look up at the sky, so blue to the touch, the clouds they whisper, yet get up in to the sky, high enough, you'll freeze to death and seize to exist. look how the beautiful sun shines so bright, i could look up all day, what a beautiful place god has created, yet go near to the sun and you wouldn't stand a chance with this raging ball of fire...beautiful world? hardly. beautiful creation? doubtful.

when darwin looked at nature he saw a war. when people look at nature they see something 'beautiful' and attribute god to it. however, it is not beautiful, look beyond what you see for once, and you'll know there is no god.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Many times what people are seeing is whats on the inside, not the outside.
For some, their eyes are opened. Imagine if there were something that could not be seen by the naked eye without corrective surgery. A whole nother part of the eco system. Animals, plants, etc...
Just like putting on night vision goggles...when your eyes are opened...you can see it.

That is the difference of having the Holy Spirit, and not.

Thats the best I can do to give a worldly explanation of something spirit

[edit on 16-7-2005 by jake1997]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineSoma

Originally posted by lightseeker

In ancient and modern times, wonderful ideas have been carried forward from one race to another. In ancient and in modern times, seeds of great truth and power have been cast abroad by the advancing tides of national life; but mark you, my friends, it has been always with a blast of war trumpets and with the march of embattled cohorts. Each idea had to be soaked in a deluge of blood. Each idea had to wade through the blood of millions of our fellow-beings. Each word of power had to be followed by the groans of millions, by the wails of orphans, by the tears of widows. This, in the main, other nations have taught; but India has for thousands of years peacefully existed. Here activity prevailed when even Greece did not exist, when Rome was not thought of, ,when the very fathers of the modern Europeans lived in the forests and painted themselves blue. Even earlier, when history has no record, and tradition dares not peer into the gloom of that intense past, even from then until now, ideas after ideas have marched out from her (India), but every word has been spoken with a blessing behind it and peace before it. We, of all nations of the world, have never been a conquering race, and that blessing is on our head, and therefore we live.

There was a time when at the sound of the march of big Greek battalions the earth trembled. Vanished from off the face of the earth,--gone is that ancient land of the Greeks. There was a time when the Roman Eagle floated over everything worth having in this world; everywhere Rome's power was felt and pressed on the head of humanity; the earth trembled at the name of Rome. But the Capitol Hiss is now a mass of ruins, the spider weaves its web where the Caesars ruled. There have been other nations equally glorious that have come and gone, living a few hours of exultant and exuberant dominance and of a wicked national life, and then vanished life ripples on the face of the waters.

What does that have to do with my previous post?

Lightseker

new topics

top topics

join