It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translation in the 21st century

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I developed this idea from Futurama. It's where the professor goes to sleep and wakes up 5 minutes later, and say instead of having the shuttle move, eveything else will.

This is based on an expanding universe.

If a space shuttle was launched into orbit. Then a button was pushed where the rules of gravity no longer apply to it. In theory the vehicle would move away from the earth at the same speed that the universe is expanding.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I dont think that taking away the laws of gravity would allow it to do that,and the universe isn constantly expanding from one point, its more like an explosion.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Since one kilometer of space expands about the diameter of a proton (10e-15m) per second, don't expect to move very fast (if at all consider friction with the thin outer layer of the atmosphere) using such a method.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
... the universe isn constantly expanding from one point, its more like an explosion.

By point I meant the center of the universe where this Big Bang originated from. As it started from a so called high density point. Point meaning if you zoom out to the effect where your dealing with a point.

That point in time where time = 0, would be the center of the universe. Approximations about the size of the universe have also been made with reference to that point where it all began.

top topics

join