It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just , What the Spin Doctor Ordered!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

Are you seriously saying you don't expect to see now , what you know ( Reasonably assume ) has happened in the past?

Yes, it is in no way necessary and it is far too dangerous to do lightly. We are firmly fixed into a fairly slow progression towards a basic acceptance. That has to be the overall goal of the people with the secrets. Even the most dramatic of evidence would have a fraction of it's full impact. So except for some sort of big public landing, things will progress.

Secrets were held for reasons, those reasons are not a secret they have been articulated since the beginning.

It is romantic, exciting, to think in terms of direct Disinfo, 'they' are up to no good again, but I do not think it is actual fact, anymore.

Something like what you suggest could only happen in response to some event that really, and I mean really, started to convince large numbers of people (over months) of a particular concept. A concept based on facts that were recognized as facts by the official powers.

With everything that is out there, no one idea has gained central attention for a while. Doing the least necessary to maintain a Secret is common practice.

A.T
(-)

you know I would have agreed with you a year ago or so. We are always talking about how we, the human race, isn't ready for some sort of ET life or existance outside of our perception of the norm.

I dont think we give ourselves enough credit, how are we not ready to accept something like this. Sure there are still fanatics who would kill themselves at the sign of ET life or whatever. I call that social darwinism
. We definitely are ready. I remember someone posted that survey taken on americans about weather or not they belived life existed ouside of earth and it was something like 80% said yes.

I agree with you that there are some people holding all the secrets, but it is not so slowly divulge them to us. After all, are they not human as well? If they can accept them, then so can the general public. Their only reason for holding secrets from us could be self motivation. Knowledge is power in our society.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

We definitely are ready. I remember someone posted that survey taken on americans about weather or not they belived life existed ouside of earth and it was something like 80% said yes.

Oh I think we are 'ready enough' for it myself. Somethings you cannot actually be ready for, but you can be close enough to cope.

I find those surveys positive as well, but on the other side of the coin that question only covers the very first step. Life, then Intelligent Life, then Visiting Life, then Living with the new Life. Each one is bigger than the next.

The official goal is probably to get us ready, but they are applying a higher standard than reasonable. But since I think we are on the downside of a slope leading to Disclosure in some form, they do not have to act to keep the secrets much these days.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
UFOlogy was not hurt by the PY thing. Why? Because serious, 'mainstream' UFO researchers didn't show much interest in it. Internet boards, to be honest, do not represent any type of authoritative approach to UFOlogy. They are, for the most part, made up of earnest amateurs who are not doing firsthand research.

In other words... UFOlogy would have been hurt if a field researcher was fooled by PY. Right now, the situation was just that some people on the internet paid attention to him for awhile. No harm has really been done.

It's true, though, that the 'contactee' era in the 50s and early 60s damaged UFOlogy... but those incidents were highly publicized and hooked several serious researchers. In other words... the original 'contactees' snared some well-known field researchers. In this case, though, there were no UFOlogists with heavy credentials backing PY up from the start.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The PY phenom was a small stumble when you consider the entire history of UFOlogy. But the less traffic on the board recently is probably due more because of the season than because of PY. I'm sure if you look back in time there would always be a slump during the summertime. It will probably pick back up in the Fall.

I don't think PY had anything to do with disinformation. IMO we do a pretty good job of misinforming ourselves. It is easy to get excited about new evidence and be disappointed later. Seasoned researchers have probably gone through this and know it is better to test the evidence first before saying that it is credible. It is better to say it is worth looking into without giving an uneducated conclusion.

Next time we will be all the more wiser.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Many of us too were not fooled even for a moment. For me the name alone was just soooo bad that I barely had to look at the 'data'. Just not the name of anyone with any real sense.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I know from my own experiences that BOL type UFO's are real things that go around and do whatever they want. So that KLAS Video had my attention at first becuase it could have been a BOL.
The problem lies in the fact that lots of things could also look like BOL's from far away. Lots of things.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join