It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board in Decline...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
oui

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
this is in response to someone in a earlier thread that said this board is in decline.

Personally I've been watching this board for litteraly a few YEARS on end. At an earlier point I was an active contributing member, but decided to take a step back, and simply watch this board from afar. There is a high possibility that Netchicken, William One Sack, Simon, or Midnight Mutilator, might remember me as "Grozny", from years ago. Anyhow to make a long story short...

I myself have changed a considerable amount, I've matured much, from when I was previously known as grozny, and even though I have changed... this board has not... It was, and still is a great place to meet and discuss many good, interesting topics.

I witnessed the whole take back ATS thing, as well as this "GeneralDillema" thing now, and it always ends up in the same way...

Better than before, with even more, interesting, and knowledgable members to this community.

I guess would be a good time to say hello to all my old friends. Hello Simon, William One Sack, Net Chicken, Midnight Mutilator, Alien, as well as Tyler Durden if he is still on this board... I remember you? Do you remember me?

~Peace, Love, and Happiness to all beings.

oui,
AKA
Grozny

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by oui]

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by oui]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
as this is entitled Board in Decline i think we should get Masked avatar and that new general dude in here to start something. it will be FUN if his introduction is anything to go by

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The board has has its ups and downs just like everything in the world does so maybe ATS is going thru a bad patch right now but it will clear up by the end of the week i am sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
when i said "fun" i meant "Fun if afghanistan is anything to go by"

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   
hi grozny, I remember you...
Pretty much like drunk said, the board has ups and downs. Why don't you join ATS again as an actvie member and try to increase the posting quality, it won't hurt anyone.

Cheers, ZM aka Zion6/zion666

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hey Gronz.... last time you were here... I was using the assumed handle of "Theyre Here"

Now it's just me, my real name, William.

Welcome back.

Thanks for your comments... our 5-year plan is to eventually rule the world through one massive irresistible discussion board that causes intense separation anxiety among members who, for some strange reason, are offline. Such a board would certainly nullify and global government.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I really dig your avatar William!

God wish i could find something like that.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What... find an avatar or a bottle of fine scotch?

I made the avatar from a digital shot of my scotch and my laptop.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Daystar

I don't think the board is in decline.

There are new and interesting features added at a great rate of knots.

But it is the moral fibre of the average netizen here that should cause concern.

Because, as oui will attest to, if the board is over-run by pig-ignorant, lazy, indolent, inexperienced, cretinous, useless, soft, undisciplined, inarticulate insects (which is what seems to have brought GeneralDilemma out of his coop), then no amount of bells and whistles and advertising gimmicks straight from that seat of commodity fetishism and dying mass market corporate capitalist think tanks, NYC, will save us.

Young people have extreme reactions to The General. They fear discipline. They want cushy convenient lives full of Sony Playstations, mobile telephones, and disgustingly fattening non-nutritious rubbish food with their hardcore death metal and fast car and gun fantasies. And they want all that crap now, and downloaded free, if they can get it. They haven't done a day's honest work in their lives. Their grandfathers will tell them that. They should treat The General as they treat their grandfather. (Unfortunately, some probably do).

Board in decline?

No.

Only the sheep.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Everyone's a sheep to their own utopian thoughts. What makes anyone any different?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, there are different breeds of sheep, and rams and lambs and ewes, and black sheep, and lost sheep, and leaders amongst sheep.

And goats.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Belated welcome and greetings oui.
I hope ATS continues to be to your liking.
Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
What... find an avatar or a bottle of fine scotch?

I made the avatar from a digital shot of my scotch and my laptop.

Both, photo then a drink!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
MaskedAvatar, that literally made me laugh out loud

Good point. Seems like leader sheep either follow leader sheep or kill leader sheep's grass.

oui

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
our 5-year plan is to eventually rule the world through one massive irresistible discussion board that causes intense separation anxiety among members who, for some strange reason, are offline. Such a board would certainly nullify and global government.

I see the goal still remains the same, lol.

Also...

I thought I was an active member allready??? Oui is my new name. I post under this all the time now, lol.

Any how...

`Peace, Love, and Happiness, to all beings...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't think the board is in decline.

It looks to be in good hands.

I have chosen to watch the board over the last few months, instead of posting.

There have been ups and downs, but on the whole i am quite impressed.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey Grozny! I mean oui! Whats up? The last we heard from you, you were going to go check out that factory with the Wackenhut Security Incorporated guards. I am glad to see you are back and in good health! Or, did "They" get to you???

Just kidding! I hope you stick around this time.

Hey Quaneeri, your another one we thought Wackenhut had in a brainwashing lab under the Nevada desert somewhere! Its good to see you also!

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I always was wondering what your old screen name was on the ezboard william thanks for sharing

Good to hear from Grozny too and what ever happened to m&m or did he change his name and is back

Falcon

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Every board i go to there is someone complaining board is in decline. What do they claim? Maybe Internet is in decline lol, or is it just that they don't like changes?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Well, there are different breeds of sheep, and rams and lambs and ewes, and black sheep, and lost sheep, and leaders amongst sheep.

And goats.

MA,
You can always be counted on for an intelligent post. If nothing intelligent, then atleast clever. But that,...That was Funny, Clever and Intelligent. In that order. Good luck in the future, cause that one will be hard to beat!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join