It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's the secret!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I just got a message from someone who was in Chinese BBS.
The man said China has got Rafale fighter.
Who did know more infor.?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What's BBS ?

Now in a few years time i guess we will all see the J-11, a reverse-engineered copy of the rafale.
and people on ATS will argue back saying it is only "based" on the rafale and not a copy.

or maybe its tech will be used to improve the J-10 (Lavi)

No just kidding.

Maybe its true considering the fact that france just lifted its arms-sale ban on china a few months back.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
no idea if china has a rafale, who can KNOW here for sure?

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Maybe its true considering the fact that france just lifted its arms-sale ban on china a few months back.

and when was this ? the current french & german administrations wanted to lift the ban, but they failed. did i miss anything ?

www.newsmax.com...
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
China does not have the Rafale.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Most likely we don't.

Its probably just some stupid idiot on the internet saying stupid stuff like how idiots call AScMs anti-shipping missiles or that a ICBM is a LACM.

A BBS is a forum except its the Asian way of saying a forum.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by COWlan]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
France wanted to and still does want to sell the Chinese the Rafale, hence their continued persistence to get the arms-sale ban lifted.

China does not have the Rafale, unless of course, France has sold it to the Chinese 'under the table,' but if that was the case, the deal would eventually surface and then France would never hear the end of it. Quite a foolish move, to say the least.

seekerof

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I do think that China will use the Rafale for aircraft carrier.
Chinese have already started their project of aircraft carrier but still no more suitable fighter-craft could be used.
Around world today, also no more fighting-craft which was in servise could be chosen. The one only is Su-33 but it seem to be too big to apply to a middle-carrier that China would or have been designed.
The other one is MiG-33 which has been proved disadvanced, compaire with almost all of other American fighters.
So the rest is only the Rafale.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
I do think that China will use the Rafale for aircraft carrier.
Chinese have already started their project of aircraft carrier but still no more suitable fighter-craft could be used.

Why when they already have 2 Russian designs that can and have been adapted for carrier operations The Mig-29 and the many Su-27 variants.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sorry I can't remember China has got some MiG-29, and their Su-27/30/MKK also can be used in landway only.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'd love to hear some proof of this - as opposed to mere speculation and a rather obvious set-up for yet another predictable anti-French bashing session.

(anyone would think the USA wasn't outselling France/EU/Europe weapons to China as it is.

Hmmm, all this speculation as to what might happen if the current existing embargo is modified or waived, doesn't seem to stop the US arms industry as it is......is the US planning any sort of embargo on it's - huge multi-billion $ arms sales to China right now - some time soon, hmmm?)

new topics

top topics

join