It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* ONLY IN AMERICA >>

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » are the handicap parking places in front of a skating rink
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do people order a double cheeseburger, large fries, & diet coke
* ONLY iN AMERiCA »do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do they leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway & put our useless junk in the garage
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do they use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won`t miss a call from someone we didn`t wanna talk to in the first place.
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do they buy hot dogs in packages of 10 and buns in packages of 8
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do they use the word "politics" to describe the process so well. "poli" in latin meaning MANY & "tics" meaning "blood sucking creatures"
* ONLY iN AMERiCA »do they have have drive up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do they use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won`t miss a call from someone we didn`t wanna talk to in the first place.

this is well funny as it happens when we call our relitive in the US
except its not their voice but a default one ( funny american acent )
cracks me uo each time

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So funny yet so true lol
thats my favorite one out of the
bunch you have there great job

[edit on 23-6-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

* ONLY iN AMERiCA »do they have have drive up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

LOL, I commented on this once. It's funny because it's true.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Only in America can a black man become a white woman!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Only in America can being fat be a disease.(Yep, according to fat people it is a disease, just ask any cancer patient what a disease is)
Only in America is being a loser a disease.(Depression, low self esteem)
Only in America is being a regular kid a disease.(ADD,ADHD)
Only in America can someone complain about people entering the country illegally and taking jobs when the ancestors came illegally and committed genocide on a few million natives.

Oh the list goes on and on.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Depends on how close you live to a hospital. Pizza joints are more evenly distributed than hospitals. The same thing happens in any country. You should be happy you even have access to a hospital - if something were to happen to you.

* ONLY iN AMERiCA » are the handicap parking places in front of a skating rink

Not all handicaps keep people from performing physically.

* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front

Regular exercise helps strengthen an individual's immune system, and it is especially beneficial to someone who is ill.

* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do people order a double cheeseburger, large fries, & diet coke

I've lived in Germany and Japan (and visited countless others), and greedy eaters are greedy eaters (with their imaginary "health" conscious side - hence, the "diet" drink with all the crap) - it isn't ONLY iN AMERiCA.

* ONLY iN AMERiCA »do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters

It depends on the bank (this isn't dependant upon the country), but if those pens weren't chained down, don't you think there would be an awful lot of missing pens?

* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do they leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway & put our useless junk in the garage

I've seen plenty of useless junk stored in peoples' garages in other countries, with nice cars out front. But, generally speaking, people in most countries don't have the privilege of owning a house - let alone a garage. So who cares what the garage is used for?

I've seen people do this in other countries as well.

* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do they buy hot dogs in packages of 10 and buns in packages of 8

Sorry, but this one can't be used anymore. It's been possible to buy buns in packages of 10 for many, many years now. I'm guessing you don't do shopping yourself?

* ONLY iN AMERiCA » do they use the word "politics" to describe the process so well. "poli" in latin meaning MANY & "tics" meaning "blood sucking creatures"

I'll give you that one. But politics are politics, it doesn't matter which country you're in - politicians will suck the blood right out of you.

Sorry, but I can find braille lettering on ATMs and other things in many other countries. Not everyone is born with the gift of sight - or are able to continue using it throughout their whole life.

The point is: generalizations only make individuals look ignorant. Everyone does it (including me), but the more you point it out to people, the less and less (hopefully) they do it.

Anyways, country bashing is getting old. The fact is, America has some good things, and it has some bad things; however, people also forget that it is the same way in just about every country of the world. Some countries are better than others, some worse than others, but the truth is: not one country can truly claim (and prove) to be the best - they all have problems.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Ummm...its the Jokes, Puns and Pranks section...this was posted as a joke, not an accurate commentary of modern American society...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Ummm...its the Jokes, Puns and Pranks section...this was posted as a joke, not an accurate commentary of modern American society...

I didn't notice it was in the "Joke, Puns, & Pranks" section. In any event, I took it pretty literally simply because I have seen that type of stuff posted in so many different sections on this site - I guess I felt like being contrary to what was said.

I'm sure there are some people who thought alias101 was being serious as well. :-) It is funny though.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey, i posted these same jokes inside of here and NOBODY replied!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bash:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Obviously that's because they SUCKED when you posted them! They're much better now...

join