It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Support for ET Mutation of Human Genes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This article, recently appearing in New Scientist
www.newscientist.com...

Says that the human genome likely evolved in a major spurt and has only changed slightly since that time. That seems to fit with the idea that humanity was wondering around as animals and then endowed with consciousness and other uniquely human things by a creator race in one quick burst of change.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
from the article:

"Instead, they found that the big duplications had occurred in a short period of time, relatively speaking, after which only smaller rearrangements occurred. Eichler found the bulk of the duplications were present in the genomes of humans, chimpanzees, gorillas and orang-utans, but were absent in Old World monkeys - such as baboons and macaques."

This, to me, would seem to indicate that ETs weren't involved in this development (at least not with the intent of creating humans), because the time frame, here, is one that deals with animals that predate chimps, humans, and gorillas. In short, the product of this development was not the sudden creation of humans... and most of the species that can be found in the lineage that derives from this point do not have what we think of as the 'human' qualities of self-awareness and language.

I should note, though, that other scientists have claimed to have found genetic sequences that changed rapidly in the period in which humans are thought to have emerged. I actually started a thread about that... I'll have to go find it.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
lockheed,

This will help: Homo Sapiens Contain 223 Alien Genes.

join