It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trend in ATS posting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It seems to me that several people that post here are more worried about being right/wrong than learning. The original intent of this board was so that people could come and discuss ideas in order to further their knowledge. Now it seems that the trend is less worried with knowledge and more worried about image.

This isnt highschool any more, stop worring about how others think about you and more about what you can learn from them and also what you can teach to them in a NON agressive way.
my 2cents

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Never really did care about what others think, which would explain my popularity, or lack thereof...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Thorfinn

You are doing a fine job cracking craniums and stirring people out of their ignorance and apathy.

Ninja

I agre with Thorfinn. I care nothing for image on a Bulletin Board. But I'd be interested if you could expand on the type of post that offends you. Is it the kind that offers no new info, no questions, nothing on topic - just the 'chatty' type? Or what clues are there that somebody cares about image, and not content?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Thorfinn

You are doing a fine job cracking craniums and stirring people out of their ignorance and apathy.

Ninja

I agre with Thorfinn. I care nothing for image on a Bulletin Board. But I'd be interested if you could expand on the type of post that offends you. Is it the kind that offers no new info, no questions, nothing on topic - just the 'chatty' type? Or what clues are there that somebody cares about image, and not content?

Oh, well...that's cool. Didn't know I was contributing around here...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Check any posting board on the net, there are always people as described above. Take it easy man

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I've complained about spelling in thread titles... So maybe you're including me in that group?

Otherwise, I admit that I do argue and/or correct people from time to time, but that's because I think that this site has more credibility when the topics it presents are cross-analyzed. You can't learn if everything you say is accepted without being questioned.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I think agressive debate is a great way to get to the bottom of things and learn at the same time. I've learned a great deal about differing ideas of others from many other countries. Sometimes this learning came at some expense- it was still fun to learn.

I don't believe in wimpering about the content on a semi-public website that encourages open discussion on so many topics.

This sounds like that * * again.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Sometimes things are taken wrong or thought to be personal when they shouldn't be. Reacting defensively is used first instead of asking someone to clearify what they're saying it seems.

I'm not sure how to solve it though, except to get everyone to realize that debate over personal values or morals can be done without taking offense to it, but it is sometimes difficult to do when it's a forum or chat thing and done in little posted ideas. Did that make sense??

new topics

top topics

join