It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Michelangelo code'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Two doctors in Brazil think they have found hidden codes in Michelangelos' frescos that depict a series of human organs.

The key to finding the numerous organs, bones and other human insides is to first crack a "code" they believe was left behind by the Florentine artist. Essentially, it is a set of sometimes subtle, sometimes overt clues, like the way a figure is pointing.

Source site can be seen here

It sounds kind of interesting until I saw the photo of the heart representation. If that is a heart, I think Michelangelo must be shaping clouds too cuz I'm sure I've seen that in the sky more than once.

Just kidding, it read on and it is really pretty cool how he was not just doing art for arts sake, he was actually trying to go beyond art and give a lesson on anatomy. Wonder how many other things are out there that we just havn't figured out yet.

Anyway, just wanted to post and see if there are any other artists in history who have done similar things.

Laters,
Kata

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I read about it, and we were going to look it up. Now that I see your example from the book, I agree. I think that one's about a 3 on the Tinfoil Hat meter.

Nice concept, but sure doesn't pan out!

And I couldn't see any reason why he'd do that, y'know?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I believe this to be 100% true. A great find. Michelangelo and the other greats of his time were indeed interested in the human body, but it was not a good idea to "learn" too much about it because the Church would come after you. I was a nice way to mock the Church!

new topics

join