It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone had seen any Chinooks flying around. I was driving the other day and I saw one. It was really close to the groung. I could actually see the people in the helicopter. It looked liked it was giong to land going to land on the highway but it didn't.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not in real life... But I've got several videos on my computer... It's a cool chopper, can't argue about that...

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The other day I saw about 2 or 3 Chinooks fly over me when I was walking home from school. I'd never seen any until then. Haven't seen any since.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
far too frequently and often - there big and very noisy!! and im sure there are a few members here who`ve jumped out the back of one - me , not a chance - i`ll stay strapped in the seat thanks!!

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
We have a pretty good sized squadron here. They routinely use them for firefighting missions along with CH-53s during fire season. It's pretty impressive to see that bucket hanging underneath it. I think it's a 250 gallon bucket.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Damn, why don't we have any chinooks in Finalnd...

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I see them all the time, considering Fort Lewis is just 10 miles from my house.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The dutch Army is very fond of the Chinook, I see them quite often.

far too frequently and often - there big and very noisy!!

I don't see them that often but they are sure as hell NOISY!

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I was wondering if anyone had seen any Chinooks flying around. I was driving the other day and I saw one. It was really close to the groung

Are you sure it was a chinook? A chinook is a CH-47 used by the US Army and I think the Brits, not sure bout the brits tho.

A CH-46 is used the US Marines. Both are not really made for High-flights. They are mainly troop transport helo's. Ive been in a CH-46 many times, for the most part they tend to keep low to the ground, at least when I was in em.

Not sure tho, hope that helps?

Do you live close to any bases? Army or Marine Bases?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
although its kinda old, i saw one while driving on a highway, it made a load of dust as it landed.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i live like 45 minutes away from Tinker. But where i saw it I was on my way to the Downtown Area.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I saw one a few years ago when i look out of my window(we live in high rise apartments in Singapore). It was flying so low that i can see the serial number on its side. I actually get to see and hear fighter jets in the sky everyday, especially the F-16s. My dad's office is located a small distance from one of the bases so when i'm there i actually get to see F-5s flying over my head sometimes and the noise is deafening. Even the AIM-9s on their pylons can be seen clearly. But one of the most memorable is a F-15/F-18 flying fast and low that i cannot identify the type(only make up it's twin engined). Also saw a Rafale departing after Asia Aerospace last year.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by NotheRaGe]

[edit on 20-6-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

A chinook is a CH-47 used by the US Army and I think the Brits, not sure bout the brits tho.

I count 34.

www.raf.mod.uk...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Chinooks are cool, but there's nothing like the sound of a Huey UH-1 rolling in.

new topics

top topics

join