It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pondering about Cloning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Lets imagine that we live in an age where human cloning is possible and perfected. Now lets also imagine that evidence of Jesus Christ was found and that we have enough DNA to actually clone Jesus Christ.

Possibly the most far fetched idea one could have. Proof of Jesus Christ would be enough to shock the world, but a clone?

Now what do you think would happen?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, it would prove all the Christians right, since it would effectively fulfill the Second Coming
I read an interesting book in the Star Trek world called 'Kahless' where the klingons cloned their version of Jesus Christ, who had promised a second coming as well. I won't spoil the plot, but it might give a few ideas as to what would happen.

Also, just because you clone Jesus Christ (or Einstein or Hitler or anybody) that doesn't mean that the person will become anything like them. They will bear a strong physical resemblance, and of course share DNA, so genetically inherited factors will be passed on, such as genetic disorders. You might get the Son of God reborn, or you might just get some average dude that looks like him.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Interesting.

Perhaps cloning would be the only believable 2nd coming on earth.

I actually never thought of it that way until now.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Depends. One of two things would happen.

1. Jesus Christ was Jesus Christ, a man who was 33 years old when he was killed. In which case we'd have a baby.

2. Jesus Christ was the son of God, in which case one of two things would happen.
a. Baby Jesus is born, and we have a knew deity amongst us. Religious and social war ensues.
b. Being God/Son of God requires more than just DNA (as it most likely would) in which case see number one.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Lets imagine that we live in an age where human cloning is possible and perfected. Now lets also imagine that evidence of Jesus Christ was found and that we have enough DNA to actually clone Jesus Christ.

Possibly the most far fetched idea one could have. Proof of Jesus Christ would be enough to shock the world, but a clone?

Lots of hysteria.

However, clones are just twins. That doesn't mean you'd get the real Jesus. Just The Twin Of Jesus.

Could even be the Evil Twin, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yeah I agree with Dragon. But yes I think it is possible to clone Jesus but of course he's not going to have the powers. I don't think the Revelations relate to Jesus Christ coming back to Earth as a clone, thats my 2 cent.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Could even be the Evil Twin, if you know what I mean.

The Antichrist? Theres a thought for all those religious types out there to get hysterical on............

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Heh yes if Jesus was cloned and came back and said "im jesus!" he would most likely be labled the antichrist.

top topics

join