It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Hope Diamond Curse - Sacred Geometry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I'm sure alot of people have heard the stories of the "curse" that belongs to the Hope Diamond. If you havent, use google and it won't be hard to find them.

Now, I do not really know as much as I would like to about crystal energies and sacred geomtry, but I know that both hold/focus energy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read somewhere...or watched it on the discovery channel, I cannot remember. I read that the Hope diamond has "odd" cuts, it is not your regular diamond, it has abnormal edges, and angles that make no real sense. They have no reason for being there at all, and actually degrade the worth of the gem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I was thinking, what if these abnormal cuts and edges are actually channeling the gems energy into a negative form?

Which then causes the gem to be "cursed". Anyone following? Its not a complex theory, it makes perfect sense to me.

(sorry for the lack of fully thinking this post through,...my mind just goes and I try to keep up.)

2 informative sites on the hope diamond
-www.pbs.org...
-www.si.edu...

Thoughts?

[Edit: due to bordem]

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Bane Of Your Existence]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Have you ever considered that if the gem has cuts that degrade it's value, maybe the jeweller who cut it had a bad day (or had just come back from the boozer on a friday).
OK, so it's perhaps a glib way of delivering my message, but before jumping to the conclusion that the stone was cut in order to deliver some kind of negative energy to the owner we need to look at some facts regarding the stone.

In 1673 the stone was recut by Sieur Pitau, the court jeweler

(from www.si.edu... )

the Hope has been cut down at least twice in the past three centuries

(from history1900s.about.com... )
I'm no jeweller, but surely recutting a stone could account for the odd angles and cuts, if there are any.

I can't find any reference to any abnormal cuts or edges, but there seem to be a lot of references to the impurities within the stone that give it its color.

Some say, for instance, that the glowing color reflects the blood of royalty spilled in the French Revolution and the trail of bad luck said to have followed the stone over many years.

(from www.usatoday.com... )

After exposure to UV light, the Hope can be made to glow for about 25 seconds. This is due to the impurities encased in the stone (the impurities also give the stone it's 'French Blue' coloration)

Alas I can find no reference to abnormal cuts.

[edit on 15/6/2005 by Nocturne]
ed to fix link

[edit on 15-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
All gemstones and metals can channel energy. Everyone should start off with their birthstone because it is special to them and the properties rewarding.

With Diamonds, they are all cursed, not just the hope diamond, and by cursed I mean to those who have stolen it or received stolen property. The original owner may have known of this and the abnormal cuts that you describe could have enhanced/magnified this property.

I dont know much about the Hope Diamond specifically, but Diamonds in general belong with the orginal owner which includes burial.

new topics

join