It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can it be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi,

I am interested in the idea of out of body projecting,and the astral world,etc.

However,I am atheist,and I accept the theory that explains how life began on earth 3.8 billion years ago, and how it evolved up to now.

I see lots of testimonials about people who experienced out of body stuff and I have to think at least some of them are telling the truth, but when you see how life begun on earth from amino acids and all that I find it hard to explain how this astral dimension appeared and how lifeforms acquired an astral body...

Another mystery...

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
it's as simple as can be.

the astral realms were there way before. earth was created. and when souls are created they are new and don't know a lot. so being part of evolution is quite nice and a learning experience. as life evolved more experienced souls were put into those bodies.

astral bodies are part of the soul. you just need to knowledge how to acces and use it.

there is more in the universe then meets the eye

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
DarkSide,

Albeit I know what I am thinking, I simply do not have the capacity to explain it at any depth, but, being what astral projection is, it may help you to view the matter in a light of science. Think about it, you are, in a form, leaving your body and going elswhere. Sounds like a LOT of modern science in that.

Perhpahs if you see someone post that you seem to understand and connect with, you could mention it to them?

Just a thought

Best of luck - see you out there :=]

Misfit

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm not going to pretend i know the physics behind it but current theory is extensively based on quantum mechanics which suggests that parallel universes actually exist but we don't have any proof yet. Perhaps in astral travel we can experience these other universes...

Animals and humans on this planet indeed appear to be composed of amino-acids, lipids and carbohydrates and all sorts of physical matter however it seems obvious to me that living, conscious beings must be composed of something more, a spirit if you will because we can think for ourselves and have personalities and emotions- this is much more than physical matter interacting, dont you agree?

I see the body as a physical vehicle of the soul, the soul itself, i believe can exist independantly of the body and leave under the right conditions which is what astral travel is all about.

- JoeyC

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I feel it is one of the greatest mysteries out there. I have done partial OBE's but never fully out of my body because of reasons i have stated elsewhere. I don't understand where these weird creatures come from and why they are wondering around with normal people good and bad. Why can't we talk in the astral plane? Is it because there is no real matter for sound to travel through, like a vacuum? There are so many questions that will remain unanswered for a long time.

If an OBE is exactly what happens when you die then hmmm, i saw no white light or heavenly place. Maybe it is slightly different when we are actually dead and not just wandering around outside of our body. If people see what i have seen, when they die then i think they are in for a surprise. Maybe my house is just haunted or i'm doomed to hell who knows. I hope there is a heaven because i can't imagine spending all of eternity wondering around this miserable planet.

Where do you guys think these demons came from? Were they just bad people who turned that way because they were so evil and filled with hate. As soon as i am out there they are, some faces are visible others aren't but i normally just see one. I saw a guy once and he got a fright and stood behind the door and i got such a bad feeling about this guy, maybe because it was my first time.

Most people say they have had such great experiences, i wish i could send some of these things their way and make it more even. I have stopped trying to have an OBE, sometimes i come out when i am sleeping but i wake real fast when that happens, especially at night. I am concentrating on other activities now like remote viewing and other cool stuff.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by NinjaCodeMonkey]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Think of it this way, humans have the ability to percieve things at a distance in this fashion. Most of what is associated with the 'astral plane' and the like is human mythology manifesting itself where it is easy to do so.

What we are as persons colors everything we see and do, nothing is ever free from this.

The main thing that keeps OOB connected to religions and other belief systems is that you need some grounding to fly with safety. Trusting only one's mind to return properly is a scary leap of faith. The ability has nothing to do with anything supernatural, but these sorts of groups are the only ones who accept and try to learn about what we can do.

To experiment with any sort of perception-altering states, or anything of this sort at all you have to be very careful. Consider how powerful a hold religions have had on people, that is what most think is necessary for safety. And since people have been doing this since time began, we might just know something there. At the very least you need a buddy. So really group effort is the best way.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
thanks for your replies.

top topics

join