It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway Reveals Follow-The-Leader Parliament On Prime Time TV (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
During Friday night prime time TV George Galloway claims British politics is a "parliament of poodles" and use "an electronic pager which tells them what to say about the issues of the day". Galloway also states he is fighting the rich and powerful who control the media.

rinf.com
George Galloway, the man who tore the US Senate apart was invited on Friday night prime time British television for an interview with Anne Robinson. Galloway informs the British public that the media is controlled by a powerful few and that politicians have an "electronic pager which tells them what to say" in parliament.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Galloway is a brave man for speaking out against the powers that be. We should support those who manage to slip through the cracks of the corporate media. I transcribed this interview for those who may have missed it and to document the statements he made. Although Anne Robinson tries to turn a very real issue into a joke and slightly discredit Galloway, his argument is just as strong as seen last month at the US Senate.

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This is relatively old news - it has been reported before that pagers alert Ministers (cabinet and otherwise) to *the message of the day*. I'm not therefore surprised that it has extended to even lower ranks - although with the make up of the current parliamentary labour party it remains to be seen whether the use of pagers will help Tony Blair.

And the media being controlled by a powerful few? Few surprises there either.

I voted for it because despite the fact I despise the man's politics - I also think he's doing a service to the country by constantly commenting on the lies,corruption and hypocrisy that is at the heart of this Blair government .

new topics

join