It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Straw blames palestinians for eventual failure of peace process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The foreign secretary, Jack Straw, told Palestinian leaders in Ramallah yesterday that the creation of a Palestinian state was in their own hands, whatever the intentions of the Israeli government.

Mr Straw brushed aside a growing belief among Palestinian politicians that Ariel Sharon has no desire to return to peace negotiations after the withdrawal of Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip in the autumn.

They see growing signs that the Israeli prime minister intends to say that not enough is being done to "combat terror", as a justification for rejecting talks, annexing Jewish settlements and unilaterally imposing borders that no Palestinian government could accept.

But after meeting the Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, and some of his ministers, Mr Straw said that removing the threat posed by armed groups such as Hamas would force the pace toward the negotiated creation of a Palestinian state through the US-led "road map" peace plan.

www.guardian.co.uk...

As long as Israel does not abide by international law, and offers the millions of palestinian fugitives their right of return to their property, peace is clearly impossible. But Straw has already found a responsible party for the probable failure of the peace process : Of course the palestinians themselves, brushing away israeli responsibility.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Moretti]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Do you just post every news article you read that remotely relates to the war on terrorism? I am not trying to put you down or anything, but 5 threads today with zero responses should tell you to be a tad more selective with your choices.

Just to be on topic - Palestinians are partly to blame for the continual rejection and collapse of the peace process, and Israel is partly to blame as well. We can't arbitrarilly assign blame to a single country, it takes two to tango mein freund.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Moretti, is there a point to this?

Taking an article about a leader giving typical rhetoric to each side about their responsibilities in the matter and turning into your own sounding board is odd.

I just don't understand what kind of replies you're looking for anymore. It's as if you're reviewing every news outlet on earth and saying "hey i'll post this one, and this one, and this one."

Why not do everyone a favor and make one concise thread stating your opinion on the issue. What would be the problem with that? This is slowly becoming purposeless.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If you have difficulties discussing matters regarding the middle east, why do you do it ?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
No one has indicated any problems discussing things related to the middle east.

I have made a simple request of you. Instead of giving your perspective on every single article relating to the middle east that appears in the newsmedia each day, why not open a single, clear and concise thread in which you lay out your opinion on the issue and allow people to respond to it that way.

No problem discussing anything, I was asking you to do something to help things remain organized and prevent multiple threads dealing with the same thing to keep popping up. That is called an inefficient way to discuss things as it allows for no train of thought whatsoever.

Just a request and a helpful suggestion to you, that was all. If you choose to ignore it that is of course your choice, I was just trying to be helpful.

top topics

join