It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for Natalee Holloway brings new publicity to a family with a daughter missing since 1998

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
A very interesting article that addresses a families search for their daughter who disappeared in 1998 from a cruise ship.

from this article
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Dan Abrams talks with family of Amy Bradley, missing since '98
Natalee Holloway isn't the first young American woman to disappear in the Caribbean. Seven years ago, then-23-year-old Amy Bradley went missing while on a Caribbean cruise with her family. On March 24, 1998, Bradley was seen by her father at about 5:30 a.m. on her cabin balcony. At 6 a.m., her father awoke and Amy Bradley was gone.

a couple of snippets from the article that give me pause for thought. . .

Ron Bradley, father of the missing girl: Well, that's true. And we've maintained from the beginning that someone saw Amy and took Amy from that ship in some way, that several ways by boat, through cargo, the cargo doors that open and close.

and

The two Canadians that saw Amy on the beach in 1998, they described her tattoos, her demeanor, and did not know she was missing.

The Naval person who went to a brothel on Curacao said that Amy asked him for help, told him her name. She said, "My name is Amy Bradley. Please help me." He didn't know anybody was missing. He told her there was a naval ship five minutes down the dock that she could leave.

And she said, "No, you don't understand. Please help me. My name is Amy Bradley." At that time, two men in the bar removed her, told her to move and go upstairs.

He did not report anything. He had been on the ship. And being a petty officer, there were certain unauthorized areas that he could not go into, and that's where he was. When he saw Amy on the front cover of a major magazine, he had since retired and he contacted us.

While I am not that familiar with the geography of the area of Curacao and where Natalee Holloway disappeared from I think they must be somewhat close as I remember reading in an article on Holloway a mention of being close to Venezuela.

Are there more cases than we are aware of of young girls being abducted in this area from cruise ship as they certainly seemed to squash this story pretty effectively. I barely remember seeing this on tv -- it might have been Americas Most Wanted but I am not 100% sure.

edit -trying to fix date in title

[edit on 8-6-2005 by justme1640]

[edit on 8-6-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The problem is that is not the first time that young women go missing in the Caribbean.

Specially young blond white women, I also remember a family that lost their young daughter in the area also she was on private yacht with friends when she went missing the family until this day has not been able to find her.

I remember that it was on Montel Williams show and Silvia Brown was present.

Later on Sylvia told the family that the girl was death she died in the boat, supposedly killed.

Occurs it was not physical evidence and the boat was owned by a wealthy man in the Caribbean.

So it was just speculations.

It is sad that this things happen but they do, school chose to have these graduation trips and no enough supervision.

My daughter's class had one when she graduated from high school and we just told her not.

If she wanted to visit the tropics there is My parents house in Puertorrico, were she will be well protected while enjoying the tropics.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's been many years now, but when I was in the Caribbean, the whore houses in Curacao were legendary. Unfortunately, Curacao wasn't on our itinerary. If she is still alive, that would be a logical place to look. As far as I can remember, we had to search high and low for some whores in Aruba and I don't remember being very impressed. Panama had some of the best looking whores in the world and way cheap to boot.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
In PR the bordellos are located around the San Juan port where the tourist arrive from their pleasure trips to visit the Island.

The government has cleaned the area a lot but you can not really get rid of one of the oldest professions in the world.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I can imagine it's terrible not knowing what happened. It seems even worse if these young Americans are being abducted and forced to work as sex slaves somewhere. I read this story a couple days ago on a different site. I guess it would be hard to search every brothel for a missing girl or two. The public will quickly forget what they look like and not even know they are missing. It's a sad story. Unfortunately, this story might repeat itself since it appears to be an unsolved crime. I can imagine a few brave guys venturing into the brothels in search of these girls though.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Grady

It's been many years now, but when I was in the Caribbean, the whore houses in Curacao were legendary. Unfortunately, Curacao wasn't on our itinerary. If she is still alive, that would be a logical place to look. As far as I can remember, we had to search high and low for some whores in Aruba and I don't remember being very impressed. Panama had some of the best looking whores in the world and way cheap to boot.

So I can count on your vote next time I decide to run for office on the platform "Legalize prostitution", no?

It's interesting that this case has now become more widely seen, I guess you could call it a fortunate turn of events..if it wasn't so unfortunate.

Sex slavery and human trafficking is a huge problem in the world, I'm inclined to take offense to anyone who disagrees with legal, monitored prositution being better than what we have now.

In any case, I think it's also possible that Amy fell overboard, happens to plenty of people who go back to their cabin and go out on the balcony after a few too many hurricanes in the lounge. Sploosh. End of story in some cases.

It's certainly a possibility that there was no foul play, that's all I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The funny part about the whole Amy Bradley story is that now the mom is saying that she was last seen in Carlos & Charlies; contradicting the earlier story that she was last seen after leaving Aruba.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Bandit -- I think that in the article I quoted the mom was only saying that the waitperson from the cruise ship was looking for Amy to go out to a bar - which they now realize was the same bar that Natalee was in (Carlos & Charlies) I don't think she is saying she was last seen there. They state that the last time they saw her was at 5:30 am on her balcony the day they went into Curacao. It was a bit confusing reading that and I think the author could have made that a bit clearer with the quote from the mother.

What I think is outrageous is the fact that the cruise line apparently has a LOT of pull because we didn't hear much about this case when it happened. Like I said I saw it on a tv program (thinking it was Americas Most Wanted but not sure) but I don't remember seeing it in the news or papers like this current case is. Or maybe the news didn't pick it up because Amy was a regular looking brunette and not a beautiful blonde. Maybe beautiful blondes sell more papers

edit to change 2 words describing Nataliee that may have been a bad choice in this case....
geeze I shouldn't try to type before having at least 3 cups of coffee -- second edit

[edit on 9-6-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've just gotten an e-mail from a friend of mine saying that they have found her. No details yet though.

Stay tuned...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bandit -- have you heard anything more -- I never know what time posts are made --not sure if the time is right to my time -- Let us know as soon as you hear as you probably will learn something before we do. Thanks

edited to say -- I see that the time showing is my time
so I know it has been a few hours since you posted at least.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Never mind. I met the guy that I got the e-mail from, and found out that it's a false rumour.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wonder how they pick such victims as Natalee? Are they like a spider just after the first thing that gets in the net or is it more sofisticated than that? More calculated?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, if you have two victims both frequenting the same bar and thats the last place they both were seen, if I were their dad's I'd hang out there a few night and see if i could spot the HMFIC. usually these places have an owner or manager or just a punk who thinks he owns the place. Nothing happenes without these guys know it and I'd say that would be a good place to start.

As for the chances of finding Ntalie in a bordello, I doubt it..not yet. maybe in a year or so after all this has blown over but not just yet. She's likely being kept for the personal use by one of these scumbags until they find a new girl and the heat dies down.

..Or maybe that little punk killed her. Who knows? I hate it for her and her family and I hope this is a lesson to any young lady thinking of venturing anywhere the predators might hunt.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Well, if you have two victims both frequenting the same bar and thats the last place they both were seen, if I were their dad's I'd hang out there a few night and see if i could spot the HMFIC. usually these places have an owner or manager or just a punk who thinks he owns the place. Nothing happenes without these guys know it and I'd say that would be a good place to start.

As for the chances of finding Ntalie in a bordello, I doubt it..not yet. maybe in a year or so after all this has blown over but not just yet. She's likely being kept for the personal use by one of these scumbags until they find a new girl and the heat dies down.

..Or maybe that little punk killed her. Who knows? I hate it for her and her family and I hope this is a lesson to any young lady thinking of venturing anywhere the predators might hunt.

I saw a movie a while back , the name escapes me for now but an evil man followed a couple out to sea who were going sailing a few days. Well about dark one girl wanted off the boat and started calling anyone in the area to take her back to land. Guess who was glad to oblidge. The thugs tied everyone up and left the sailboat sinking and took a beautiful blonde with them, in fact she was pretty like Natalee. The thugs took her to a deserted Island and put her in a warehouse. I wonder if something like that has happened to Natalee?? I think all those people are wasting their time searching all over the Island for her. Shes probably in some palace somewhere locked in a dungeon.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ah now I remember the movie I just mentioned, - Kidknapped in Paradise. It just came on TV the other day.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Almost a month and a half is "just?" Your memory is far too good. I can barely remember threads I posted to a few days ago.

top topics

join