It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman Begins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i made this thread since nobody talked about it which is a suprise since its coming out next next Friday on June 15.

clik on the final trailer on the video system u prefer
www.themoviebox.net...

10 minute video
www.alldumb.com...

i dink this is gonna be the best Batman movie since the first Batman movie came out and the rest of the other movies suck. i mean wats with the suit with nipples in the last two films? in ani case i cant wait for dis movie as well as watchin the new Batmobile do its job .

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was excited about this movie (because I though they were gearing it more towards adults), until I realized that they had another one of the chessy villians in it. I think his name is the scarcrow or Mr. Fear or something. For christ's sake, it is a guy with a berlap bag over his head. Oh no, everybody better hide their potatos!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its got some big name actors in it, so their attempting to do it with a budget, but as Jonna said the baddy looks like the old skool cheesy baddy, but I'll reserve judgement untill I watch it.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
u should remember that a British director name Nolan directed this film, and since they are very serious Brits i dink we should not worry about this movie goin to tank. GO Brits!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think it'll be a cool flick....but have to agree with the Scarecrow being a bad debut villain....

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
wat do u dink of the new Batmobile. i think its pretty cool to make it as a military vehicle converted to one Batman's toy against crime.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I think it'll be a cool flick....but have to agree with the Scarecrow being a bad debut villain....

I have to disagree! I've always thought that the scarecrow would be my favorite villian. I can't wait for this movie!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Batman is the dude that played American Psycho.

The "hottie" is Katie Holmes? :shk:

This is a B movie. End of franchise last hurrah cash grab. It'll blooooow.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Batman Begins is not about the Villians this time around its about the Dark Knight. The Scarecrow is by far the creepiest and most twisted of his foes in the Comics and Cartoons. I have very high hopes for this flick especially after reading this review.

filmforce.ign.com...

Anyway Batman and Robin didn't kill the series and that was a horrible movie, even worse then the Adam West interpretation of the "Dark Knight"

I have high hopes that this will finally top Micheal Keatons Batman and I Loved that movie

You thought the Joker was Insane just wait till you get a load of the Scarecrow. He is a cross between Hannible the Cannible(the pure Creep factor) and Utu-Norant(The Drugs)i from Farscape. Creepy and loves to drug people up

[edit on 15-6-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Whattup y'all, I'm new to BTS, but I had to chime in on this issue. I just saw Batman Begins and it rocked. I am very, very critical of Hollywood, but I loved this movie.

But at the same time, I hated some parts of it. The fight scenes should have been better. The fight choreography was poor, almost as if they had said, "Just wail at each other guys, and we'll cut it later!" The director needs to watch "They Live", "Hard Times" and "Fight Club" to see effective and well-conceived hand to hand combat. If you are going to tell a story about a man who terrorizes criminals without shooting or killing them, you must have the villians fearing their own broken knees and elbows. If batman does not kill them, he can at least dislocate a few shoulders. They should fear him personally.

Having said that, HAVE YOU SEEN THE BATMOBILE?! Oh man, thank you deltaboy for posting that picture. I drooled over it before posting this. Basically if you read about this thing, it's like if you crossbred a lamborghini with a harrier jumpjet and a ZR-1 Corvette plus Bigfoot! This is unlike any other vehicle that has ever been made. This thing could be made. In fact, from what I have read, they have made them for real. I would give a limb to be able to drive that thing.

As for batman and all that, this was a beautiful story. My biggest fear was that the outstanding cast which signed on might end up in a Jim Carrey type Batman movie. Let's face it, people like Freeman, Oldman and Bale do not need to take a Batman movie. The batman series was deader than the geneva conventions. Here we see an A-list cast willing to make a comic book movie and I wanted for them to shine on screen.

Michael Caine was excellent although it's hard for me to shake the images he created in 'dirty rotten scoundrels'. He looks like he's always stealing your knickers. He pulled it off though. Morgan Freeman was beyond good. I also loved Oldman as Gordon. He is a god of acting so what can you say? He did it again. Quigon was a great choice. None of these people looked like they were making a comic book movie.

Christian Bale is awesome. He pulled this off like nobody else could. After seeing him go from 'Empire of the Sun' to 'American Psycho', I knew he was a good actor, but I didn't think he could breathe any life into this franchise after the "Codpieces on Ice" fiasco of Joel Schmuck-macher. I hope they sign this memento guy and his crew for six pictures.

They need to fix the mask though. It seemed too tight on his face and kind of made it looked pinched. Nobody who would ever fight hand-to-hand would immobilize their neck or torso, even if it meant being bulletproof. Bale looks like he's imprisoned in that suit. Tyler Durden would kick batman's [censored]. Sorry, but the suit gets a four out of ten.

I cannot wait for the next movie, and if they are smart, they will stick with the same crew and NOT CHANGE A THING. The beauty of this was that the mythical element of Batman was so eloquently recreated. We really understand Gotham. But more than that, we understand the Wayne family.

Think about this: Would a billionaire starve himself? Well, in this movie we see that Bruce Wayne is willing to do not only that, but so much more. He is a hero, and although Batman has no special powers, he has the greatest power, which is to care.

They made it easy for non comic-reading folks to grasp by telling the highlights of Wayne's life in simple images and cutting in on the primary, most important moments. Also they did not underestimate their audience. The technology was not intended to sell BMWs like the James Bond crap. They should flush that series down the loo. Here we have technology that served character, like the [spoiler censored] --Talk about "wonderful toys". This filmmaking crew completely grasps the tech side of batman.

I would say that Richard Donner's "Superman" still reigns as the greatest comic-book movie ever, but this one is very, very close.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just saw it last night. I'd say it was good except for the fight scenes. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Just hold the freaking camera still, pan back, and show some good fight choreography. The fight scenes will give you a headache! 5 camera views a second, was that a foot?... maybe an elbow?... whose elbow?... oh, now the badguy is KO'd.... wtf just happened? Shaky camera, quick editing, and filming too close are the worst effects ever for a fight scene! I don't care if they are trying to convey some type of disorientation to "make you feel you're in the middle of the fight" it doesn't work!!!! [/rant] Sorry to go on, but those scenes just made me a little frustrated from an otherwise decent movie.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess they ran a little low on budget. I heard a rumor that they originally wanted the actor to wear a colostomy bag on his head but he refused.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The film rocks on so many levels!!! Its easily the best film ive seen this year, way better than EpIII i hate to say. The fight scenes much to what other people say are excellent, they're choppy yes, but as far as im concerned this adds to the mystery as you dont so much see batman rather a black swishing cape that'll disappear. the batmobile is a work of genius, Designed in britain because the american company they approached said it was 'impossible'
The scarecrow given a few CGI effects is actually geniuley scary, Cillian Murphy does an excellent job imo

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Did you guys hear that a Superman vs. Batman may be in the works? That has me very excited let me tell you

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Anything involving weaponized hallucinogen is cool.

Yes, that was cool. Very very corny.. with bad action.. but there was weaponized hallucinogens!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Did you guys hear that a Superman vs. Batman may be in the works? That has me very excited let me tell you

It's been in the works for a long time now. I've heard rumors that Wolfgang Petersen (In the Line of Fire, Air Force One) is going to direct it. Very cool!! If it ever does come about it will make Spiderman look like a flop.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I saw the movie yesterday and WOW!. This is IMHO the best of the fanchise movies so far. Much darker than the others and less campy. I was not expecting to like Christian Bale as the new Dark Knight, he really creeped me out in "American Psyco" but he blew me away. The only weakness I found was in the lead actress; Katie Holmes? GMAB! but I was able to overlook that in light of the remarkable camera work and That CAR!, man that rocked!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow indeed, saw this movie yesturday and I enjoyed it allot!
Dr Crane was done perfectly(and he survived too so we'll probably see him in future movies) Bale as Batman was increadible, Alfred was witting and droll, Morgan Freeman was excellant as usuall, Ras Al Gould was great but they could have done more with him, the only problems I had with the movie was the Pyrotechnics went on for far too long, the fight scenes seemed slapped together(except the league of shadows one that was great), and I hated the chick who played the DA whatshername from Pretty white people with problems(Dawsens Creek). Overall I recommend this one, go see it right away before it leaves theaters!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I saw Batman Begins saturday just gone, and i must say that batmobile rocked!! I'd love to have one of those....but i think the insurance would be sky high lol!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I realy enjoyed Batman Begins.....because it was more realistic than the others....no campy bad guys...no really over the top bat gagets...just simple weapons with a good story and great acting....oh ya cool car.
Looking forward to the next one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join