It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ellsworth Case: Debunked...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not sure how many know of this case, but in going through some old stuff, I came across this one. Usually, I've heard this referred to as a pretty good case, and on the surface, it appeared to be so... The report looks official, it names names, even gives their social, rank, etc.

Basically, it's the story of an alien shootout near stored nukes.

I found a copy of the report in the book, "Behold the Pale Horse" by Cooper, also, which is what first got me looking into it.

Just initial research though, shows that MUFON seems to have debunked this one. As the debunking escaped me at the time, thought I'd provide it to others...

A story gaining credence among some UFO researchers concerns the reported landing of a UFO near a missile site in South Dakota on November 16, 1977, with the UFO's occupants stealing the missile's nuclear components and wounding a security policeman.

It has come to be known as the "Ellsworth Case" because the missile site is under the command of Ellsworth Air Force Base near Rapid City, South Dakota.

As one of those who investigated the alleged incident, I can say positively that it never happened.

Unfortunately, some people choose to believe otherwise. Let me explain some of what I know about the "Ellsworth Case" and perhaps we can lay it to rest.

www.bobpratt.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That's one I've never heard of before. The evidence disproving it is almost too strong and complete, I find it hard to believe a newspaper would fly a group of reporters in from all over the country and try so hard to prove a coverup when the only piece of evidence was an incident report with 20 obvious errors.

Would a newspaper editor really spend all that money and resources looking any further into a story like that? Psychological stress analysis of the interview voice recordings?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The paper was the Enquirer after all...

The document named names though, and those names checked out with the initial investigation as actual personnel. That too, is what led me to look into it further originally... The payoff if a legit story, would be pretty good, so the idea of them invesigating it a bit doesn't surprise me. From what I've seen, Bob is pretty respected at MUFON, so it seems pretty on the level. The errors of the report were only really apparent after deeper investigation.

The paper probably has a stress analyzer on retainer for stories, so I doubt it was much effort....though I'm sure Mr. Pratt could clear that up. I've got an e-mail out to him right now....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My attention was grabbed when I read the date , as it would have coincided with the '77 Colares Flap , but then again that means absolutely nothing.

top topics

join